Girls, what is the best way to wear high heel shoes without pain?

I'm 5'4 so I like to wear really high heels to appear slimmer and taller and I just love high heels but at the same time I like to be comfortable as well. But the problem is that I don't wear high heels because (every once in a blue moon) I really don't be having anywhere to wear them and there's only one type of high heels I like to wear which is Platform high heels with thick soles (6'inch) and when I would wear them, I could walk in them pretty well but they just hurt as soon as I put them on and begin to walk in them. And it's not like I have wide feet or anything, and I fit a size 7 1/2 but how can I wear high heels without pain at all? Do I have to wear them more often so I'll get used to them, wear a different type of shoes, or put something in them?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on your body type. Some people are flat footed and experience pain in high heeled shoes and others are capable of wearing them for long periods without problems. Your weight might also be related to the issue but not necessarily - I had a friend who weighed almost 200 pounds that routinely wore high heeled shoes for 4 hours and did it all the time. You could wear "fake" heels that prop your feet up evenly on all sides instead of having one side higher than the other - I think some running shoe companies produce shoes that prop up your height on all sides or you could just wear flat footed dress shoes. I guess if you wear high heeled shoes regularly you could train yourself to get used to them.

What Girls Said 7

• I wear heels every day without pain but the trick is to not get them too high and build up to them like Sarahkins said.
    Also make sure they fit well, have a thicker heel on them so you don't wobble and keep your posture good when you walk in them.
    A trick to get better at walking in them is to walk from one side of the room to the other repeatedly but each time try and do it faster than the last one. Eventually you get fixated on the speed and not on how you're walking so you'll walk more naturally.

• Get orthopedics and mole skin where you are likely to get blisters. If you want to help mask the mole skin (in case it shows) wear thick tan nylons OR black nylons with it.

• You can never wear heels without pain, but you should wear heels with a thicker heel part so instead of walking on twigs (thin heels) you are walking on more like (branches or roots), it will help even out your center of gravity and put less weight on each foot allowing you to wear them longer.

• It is a matter of training over a long period. You start with, for instance, 1 inch and then gradually build it up. Eventually you can wear the highest ones on the market without any pain.
    But if you are thinking of wearing such high heels next weekend, you will have to endure the pain, sorry.

• Get a bottle of neat vodka , rub it on your feet when they start to get sore. It will numb them and you will be dancing all night.

• Practice makes perfect.

• Gel insoles!