Girls, what do you think of men in skirts?

I know men wore skirts way back when, but they suddenly started wearing pants. I read an interesting article that talked about how it is more practical for men to wear skirts due to the legs freedom and no uncomfortable crotch seems. Some think it's more practical for men to wear skirts than women for those reasons. I know there's a lot of homophobia going on in the world today, but I don't think men wearing skirts back in the day were gay, so I don't think that would be the case now obviously depending on the style and type of skirt he chooses to wear. If it is short and pink then there may be something going on lol. Well anyways I was wondering what you ladies think about it?

Here's a website that shows some men in skirts and they still look like men.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22064674

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Skirts aren't very practical for a lot of things, in all honesty. I wouldn't wear a skirt in a lot of the situations the guys in the photo are in... like hiking on trails or jogging on the beach.

• I think they are just trying to stress the freedom of motion for their legs. Take stretching for example, it doesn't matter how loose the pants are the inseam will restrict motion. I run into that when I'm in my martial arts uniform. Now I'm not saying I would throw on a skirts to stretch, I'm just making a point. My history might be off, but I believe Spartan warriors wore skirts for that reason as well. They are probably a hell of a lot cooler than pants too

• Do guys not wear jocks/cups for martial arts? Those things look uncomfortable! It seems like those loose pants I see guys wearing in like, tai chi and qi gong videos would be nice.

• No we do not wear cups. They are comfortable, but I can't stretch well in them because of the seam lol

What Girls Said 16

• I don't particularly like it, but I don't dislike it either. If they want to wear skirts, then I've got no problem with it, and I'd be fine with my boyfriend wearing skirts and stuff like that if he wanted to.

• Yummy, if the guy is in good shape and has nice legs.

• I have no problem with it. It does seem like it would be the more comfortable choice for men. It's not particularly attractive, but I wouldn't say it's unattractive either. Just kind of neutral.

• Yeah it's kind of one of those things that's not real popular yet, but I think could possibly become so. It is rather intriguing and I'm rather curious as to how free it does feel to be in one. I think the right kind may look okay depending on body type.

• I wouldn't be surprised if it became more popular, tbh, but it might take a while to get to that point. You should try wearing one if you're curious!

• Yeah I'm thinking something like a cargo skirt. One with belt loops and pockets in it. Definitely nothing form fitting or feminine lol.

• If they are scottish then I would say it looks normal.

• i could get behind it, hell if my boyfriend got into skirts it would only expand my wardrobe

• Haha that's a good way to look at it. I like the cargo skirts.

• If it was a scottish kilt then i think it would be the best, but a women's skirt. I wouldn't like to see that.

• now that is just weird.. and really weird..

• I have a friend who regularly wears a kilt, and he's both sexy and straight and his wife has no issues with it.

• Yeah its whatever

• Just no! And not due to homo phobia its just that a lot of guys have really skinny hairy legs and that just looks weird AF!

• A hahahahaha

No

• It's bizzar to see skirts on men

• I wouldn't necessarily think they gay, if a guy wants to wear a skirt more power to him. Expressing yourself shouldn't get you labeled for a sexuality. Anyway, I just think if guy likes wearing skirts for whatever reason no

• I mean, they can ever whatever they want. But I wouldn't date or even be friends with a man who wears a skirt.

• Don't really mind. You do you

• I think nothing of them.