Why is it that most males don't care about the clothes they wear?

Most guys tell me they never go shopping for clothes and could care less about what they wear.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because men aren't judged as harsh for how they look OR dress.

A guy can walk out looking like a slob, nobody bats an eye. A girl walks out looking like a slob, everyone loses their minds.

Personally, I could care less about clothes or any other fashion accessories myself.

What Guys Said 10

• Why is it that most females do care about what clothes they wear? There's not really a good reason for either one. I just dress for comfort. By dressing casual and comfortable, I project that I'm a laid-back person. That's because I am a laid-back person. I don't dress up super nice and fancy on a regular basis because I'm not going to lie about what kind of person I am. I don't want to attract girls that are interested in fancy and fashionable guys because that's not what I am, so I don't dress that way. Simple as that. I do like dressing up and wearing suits, but I just don't have many opportunities to do so.

• I guess that's true in some cases... It's also possible that they do care, but they simply don't want to look like some kind of pretty-boy hipster, which is what most girls mean when they talk about a guy who cares about his appearance.
    For example, my "surfer hippie" image has required careful cultivation (long blonde hair, blonde beard, boardshorts, t-shirt, flip-flops, vintage sunnies, etc), but to the untrained eye, I still look like a bum...

• Don't fall for it - Guys care just not to same extent as girls

• That's crazy I can't even walk around my own house without a fully pressed and ironed suit and fresh and polished shoes.

• i dress in whatever is comfortable. usually shorts and flipflop. im im comfortable, i could care less about what brand or make my clothes are.

• We let the women do this.

• I dress for comfort mainly, but have some nice clothes for certain occasions

• I like to wear nice clothes

• because we are not dumb and superficial like women. fashion is for sheeple and narcissist. and those that judge books by their cover. and especially i, that dont plan on dating any members of the feme-plague any time soon, i couldnt give less than two shits if society would find my stylistic choices "in fashion".. .

• Because every guy knows at any minute his clothes can be completely distroyed

What Girls Said 1

• Usually when they care too much, they're gay or narcissistic. Just sayin.