Why am I attracted to jerks?

I apparently have a type, as I am only attracted to complete jerks. I don't intentionally go out and try to find a jerk, but I always end up liking one. Why is that if I deep down want a sensitive guy whose comfortable enough with himself to quit pretending he's something he's not? I just don't see the logic in why I go after such jerks when I want nothing to do with them! What's up with that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause your a woman and women like that type of guy, the reason is this, what does a nice guy do, he does everything for you, he is there at your finger tips whenever you need him for anything, basically he's your bitch, you can walk all over him and treat him how ever you please, in your mind you think hmm that's not a man, I want a real guy who won't let me do those things, and so ask yourself who could that be? A jerk is a prime example of that, he will not let you walk all over him, he is not always there at your fingertips, he will make you mad and won't care about it, he's not afraid to call you out on your little games you play, and in fact he won't put up with it, he has confidence and knows exactly what he's doing, he is always in charge and in control of the situation, he doesn't care if you flake on him because he will just go out and find another girl, he won't talk to you all the time, he will push you away and you will come running back, all he has to do is sit and wait . Women love that in a guy trust me that's why you are attracted to him. I'm a jerk to girls and by doing that I don't have to call them they call me.

What Guys Said 1

• Jerks often are outgoing and will tell a woman all that she wants to hear, and give her compliments often. They also have no problem approaching a woman. Could it be you fall for the guys that do this? Next time a guy is flirting with you or asking you out, take a step back mentally and figure out if he is using an angle.

Don't give up, there are some good guys out there still :)

What Girls Said 2

• A lot of jerky guys seem, at first, to be confident, competent, and fun. Those are very attractive qualities in the eyes of many (most? ) women. Only after a girl has been burned by such jerks (multiple times? ) does she become more careful about looking past a guy's confident, fun appearance to spot the warning signs of jerkdom. Sounds like you have reached that point (as I did -- after too many years). Hopefully your next guy will be better. Good luck!

• Omg - I have the *exact* same problem! I think I just like jerks because making them like me is self-satisfying and plus I always think, "oh, I can make that guy less jerk-y and he is *so* my type! " it's stupid but I can't help it.