How do you feel about wearing leggins as an alternative to jeans or slacks?

It's so annoying when pretentious stuck up people are like "leggings aren't pants... blah blah blah.. stop wearing them."

Like no one said leggings for pants but Im going to wear them instead of jeans all the time regardless of whether you like it or not. #LegginsForDays #LeggingsForTheWIN

leggings WERE** pants

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I could pull it off.

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Well, guys like it. Unless you're fat.

• I don't think the rest of the world would like to see my moose knuckle so prominently displayed.

• leggings are not pants... they are their own category, or in the same category as capris

• my favorite pantyhose on girls

• Do you mean yoga pants or actual leggings? Because most actual leggings are pretty transparent so if you don't mind flaunting your genitals to the world and you don't get written up for indecent exposure go for it.

• People often confused leggins and yoga pants but leggins are solid and typical yoga pants are flared at the bottom. Many girls just wear leggins as yoga pants.

• I don't think they are for me but I don't mind if you wear them ;)

• Leggings are not pant substitutes

What Girls Said 20

• I don't get why people think it's inappropriate to wear leggings for pants, yet we have jeggings, fitted black pants (that look like leggings), and skirts (WHICH COVER LESS THAN LEGGINGS!), and booty shorts... come on.

People just don't like the fact that it accentuates the figure. To them, I say get over it, because anything fitted is going to show your figure. Do you want girls to wear sweat pants every day? No, so shush.

I love leggings, they're neutral, fitted, I don't have to get them hemmed and they go with everything. If anybody told me: Umm, leggings aren't pants... I'd be like; Neither are capris, or skirts, or shorts, or dresses - sooo can you still wear those? Get over yourself, judgmental heathen!

• I think leggings are fine as long as your shirt covers the proper area in the front and back

• I prefer yoga pants. Leggings are often too opaque for me to be comfortable wearing them as pants, unless I was also wearing a skirt or dress over them.

• You're right, they're more comfortable, I wouldn't wear them to work or anything but they're perfectly fine for hanging out. I don't see how what anyone is wearing should really bother anyone else, you like it or you don't but it doesn't affect you in any way.

• Leggings aren't pants. They're opaque pantyhose. Cover your vagina.

• "I" only wear yoga pants at home for comfort but respect personal choice for those who wear them out.

• I would recommend going for brands that are not see through and maintain durability. For basic black and navy leggings, try Zella at Nordstrom! It is soft and not see through. It lasts a long time and does NOT pill or shred like cheap ones. For jeggings and other leggings (leather included) try out hue! Reasonably priced!

• I wear leggings when i wear longer shirts all the time.

• It feels great and I always feel like a gorgeous swan woman

If you wear them properly, you'll look perfect

• I think leggings should be treated as pantyhose. Cover the front and back and you'll be fine.

• Leggings are more comfortable and practical. I like to wear them instead of jeans. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with them.

• Yes finally someone agrees with me... I believe something is pants if there are holes in the bottom for your feet and if nobody can see your woohoos

• The only people that complain that leggings aren't pants are people who don't have nice butts.

• I wear leggings everyday because they're so freaking comfortable! I don't see how leggings aren't pants since they clearly are.

• I wear leggings only if I have a shirt that covers my butt paired with it.

• leggings are bad ass I love them.

• I wear leggins with shirts that cover butt all the time.

• I wasn't aware that not liking tights as pants made me pretentious and stuck up. I simply don't like tights as pants. I think they should only be worn if you also wear another peice of clothing that covers your butt and vaginal area. For most people I just don't find it attractive. They might be comfortable and convenient, but they can also expose your underwear, show off camel toe, and show off every inch of your booty. I don't judge people for their clothing choices, but I'm just not for tights as pants. As long as I don't have to see anyone's underwear, ass, or camel toe then I'm fine.

• Leggings are great, as long as they are worn properly. ... underneath something like a dress, skirt or maybe a long shirt. in my opinion leggings should NEVER be worn alone anytime you are leaving the house, they show ever single flaw and are unflattering on nearly every girl.

• It's because you usually don't realise that your leggings are so stretched across your ass that everyone can see every stretch mark, cellulite dimple and mole, as well as having an unfortunate view of whatever ugly panties you're wearing.

If you notice people you pass starting to vomit on the sidewalk, that's why.

Cover your ass.