Do you think an Audi S1 is worth the money £32,000?

In Vegas yellow with options such as cruise control, heated seats & panoramic sunroof...

Or is it worth saving about £4,000-5,000 and going for the same colour car without cruise & a sunroof?

I've had a panoramic roof before & loved it😩😕

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as that particular class of car goes, you're not going to do much better than the Audi s1. The only other car that comes close is the VW golf gti. The polo gti is very good this year too but neither of those have all wheel drive or panoramic sunroof options as far as I know.

So if your heart is really set on this car I'd say go for it.
    The sunroof with slow the depreciation too.

Don't know about Vegas yellow but each to their own.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah Thats a good buy. The poll results are telling.

What Guys Said 12

• I don't know... it doesn't look... well... it looks kinda dopey.
    Now Honda Civi Type R..
    OHHH YES Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho
    redheadstudio.co.uk/honda/2015_typer_black.jpg

V-tech just KICKED IN YO !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbaZzeKJC8

V-TECH
    V-TECH

• Haha eww... plus the Type R is now turbo charged which helps power but lowered the redline so much that V-TEC doesn't matter as much (plus really it is just vvt that everyone uses but with a signature name) and the signature revvy honda touch is kind of missing /: I would take the new Focus RS over this. Bigger engine, more power and torque across the RPM range, and AWD :)

• Looks like a really fun car to take to the backroads!
    Not so sure about yellow on an Audi though. Their red is HOT!

• £32k for a tiny hatchback? Obviously it's not worth it.
    If you're genuinely a speedfreak, then buy an MX5 and spend the other £15k on track days and/or competing in a low cost racing series. If not, why waste your money on a sporty version that costs twice as much as the basic car?

• Why? - because it's a hell of a lot faster than the 2.0 TDI and I've only ever seen one S1 on the roads, not a lot of people have them

• @Asker - I see *plenty* of people who can afford to spend £32K - the roads are full of BMWs, mercedes, bigger Audis, etc.
      @NovaLS - true, but how fast do you think you are going to be able to go on public roads? (especially in the UK, with traffic jams and speed cameras around every corner) That's why track days are so popular over here. It's also why we love cars like the MX-5, Toyota GT86 and Lotus Elise (which is also available for the same money as an S1, I might add).

• The type of person that would want this car couldn't generally afford it I am meaning... Plus most of those bigger Audis, mercs & bmw's are financed to the hilt anyway😂

• if money isn't a problem, sure.

• If I had GBP32,000 I would not buy a small, ugly hatchback.

If you really want a fast Audi, buy a TT, they cost the same as the S1.

In the same price range as an Impreza, 4-series, Jag XFR, why oh why buy a little hatchback? You're going to look like a chavette who's just won the pools and thinks cars didn't come any bigger than the Saxo she just traded in.

• Someone in my household already has a TT, plus I don't like them. And I think comparing an S1 to a saxo or the like is beyond ludicrous... Chavette; really? I don't think so.

• You've got more money than sense. Enjoy your overpriced car.

• I will!👌🏼✌🏼️

• Well in all honesty noo. Why? because german cars are always marked up. Honestly i would wait and buy it for $29,000. I know it's the s-line but i mean c'mon... the engine is just a 2L... i know it's light but you can buy faster cars for that price. Now I don't know if you want performance spec or anything like that but me personally idc about roofs or electronics, i want it to be fast... that is it lol.

I mean it's a nice car and the colour looks good on it. If you don't care about performance and like to save gas, this car is for you i would say. But i say maybe wait a year for the price to go down, or find it used. If you're thinking about getting one soon, tell me how it goes!

• This isn't the S Line, I already have the S Line Black Edition, the S1 is different, has an extra 100bhp; and it's half the mpg of the 2.0 TDI so it's not really saving fuel ha

• Oh i thought it was the S line of Audi. Pretty cool! you an audi fan i guess haha? Well i say maybe try and get it cheaper. I don't know your financial situation but if you can afford it now, i say maybe wait for it to go down $2000. I noicted you live in the UK so I don't know if you live in london but the uk has some small roads i assume? (I watch top gear lol so that is how i know). But those type of small cars seem to be good. I say get it! :) i

• So wait, I'm not quite sure I follow the question.
    Are you asking if 5000 is worth a sunroof and cruise control?

Would you pay 5000 for a piece of glass and a tiny switch that locks in the certain speed. I sure as hell wouldn't.

• They are nice but I would buy a VW GTI and option it out. Great performance and less cost with a bit more space. Audi and Volkswagen are from the same parent company so the engines and everything would be similar anyways. With luxury you do pay for the name... which is okay but not for me.

• Or I would buy a BMW 2 series before this car. Stick shift, straight 6 turbo engine, and RWD :D

• go for s1 is super fun drive like i said i driven both ones the S1 and the S3 A1 is not in the US yet. yeah its worth it its german built its also from a VOLKSWAGEN company too because volkswagen owns almost every europeon cars its a great car for europeon cities if you know what i mean and panoramic sunroof is tottaly. so S1 all the way
    #DUMBASSUSA

• Haha you are jealous that we have
      1) Cheaper fuel
      2) Larger roads for bigger cars than this baby hatchback (not saying small cars are bad but I think a GTi or similar compact would be better than the A1)
      3) There are way more affordable fast cars here.

• Ahh my bad I assumed since your profile said in USA you were one of those people from the US that seems to love Europe even though they have never been there. Europe is fine but I never understand why people hate there own country thats not even bad and love others they have never visited and know little about. In any case my mistake. And thanks its been my project for a while! Its a homemade 383 with a four speed manual but I want to do a resto mod in the future and put a modern six speed T56 manual and a cheap LSX series engine to to drop in. Saving pennies haha

• And you are lucky it appears there are many nice vehicles in Dubai and of course cheap gas haha

• Everyone who has a Honda Civic just got out of high school.

• Only if i wasn't paying for it, I would buy one second hand or get an older muscle car such as an mg zt V8 which has more power and the capacity to be a total monster with a fairly inexpensive conversion.

• Money is not the issue. You can always save up to buy almost any car. What you need to ask yourself is, do I want those options? If yes, then it is worth it, if no, then you know what to do.

What Girls Said 2

• If you can afford it then yeah. I love audis :D

• Yes it is.