Do these glasses suit me?

Do these glasses suit me?

I'm also currently considering buying similar glasses but in tortoise/brown. What's your guys take on that? Thanks for the input!

I apologize for the lacking picture quality
I've decided to keep these frames, since I think they were the best I could find that fit me. (Not too many glasses fit me, so my options are kind of limited.) But I will be on the lookout for thinner, more rectangular frames. Thanks for the opinions, everyone!

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be better to see other ones for comparison. Yea they look pretty good. I don't think tortoise/brown would work though. But I'd have to see it. With your dark hair I think you'd want to stick with something black like you have, or maybe something more neutral.

I agree with the other people who said it might be too big with too thick of frame. Mainly it's the bridge and earpiece that's a little too thick. As far as size, I think it's only slightly too big. Your eyes seem to be close to centered in the lenses (which from the strictly visual aspect is good). If the lenses are super wide or narrow, then your eyes won't be centered.

I can't remember how the numbers work, but there are two numbers. I think one is the distance across the bridge, and the other is the width of the lens. You have to combine the two numbers to come up with the distance between the center of the lens. You can probably learn from experience by trying them on which numbers work best for you. I say this, because in my experience the opticians don't volunteer much info.

They also don't volunteer that optically, rectangular frames are not as good as round. Unless you have strong astigmatism - in which case you want something with a little shape, but don't need a lot.

• Thanks for the advice on color. I'll try on the tortoise frames and keep in mind what you said.

I agree that the frames could be a little thinner. The problem, however, is that I have a super wide face, so it's hard finding frames that even fit well width-wise. So, unfortunately, my options are limited and to my eyes, the glasses I'm sporting in the picture were the best I could afford and find. And yeah, one of the things I was keeping an eye out for in a pair of frames is whether my eyes were relatively centered in the lenses or not.

I didn't know that about rectangular frames. I do have moderate astigmatism (-1.50 cyl in each eye), so I guess rectangular frames are somewhat practical for me?

Thanks for the input!

What Girls Said 5

• Not really... you should maybe get narrower lenses. But I can't tell until you post a picture with other styles.

• Thanks for the input! Yeah, I do agree that they could be thinner if that's what you mean.

• yeah, they look really good on you. i think they would both look good, but black looks a little better

• Thanks! That's pretty much what I think too. I just sometimes feel like I would mix it up if I could.

• yeah, i mean its worth a shot. i don't think it would look downright terrible on you. that color is kind of unique too

• I think so or a thicker frame would be okay too.

• Cool! Thanks for the input.

• Yeah! Those look great, they go well with your face shape!

• Maybe just a tiny bit too big, but still looks good to me!

What Guys Said 5

• Hard to tell from one pair but make sure to keep it black and not brown because then it will suit and match your hair. Try on the to her pairs and make sure they dont make your face rounder

• Thanks! Yeah, I'll look out for more rectangular black frames.

• I think something with thinner borders and just a slight more of a rectangular look would suit you well.

• I agree that it would be better if the borders were a little thinner. I also tried my best to find rectangular frames that would fit me well, but I could see slightly more rectangular frames being at least as good, if not better. Thanks!

• no

way fsdfsdfdsfds

• Don't get the brown, matched with your hair is best. A decent pair of frames for you, but if you can find something even more angular, that would suit your face well.

Since you have a round head, you should have an angular/irregular shaped haircut. The rounded, flat style doesn't suit you. Try something spiky and/or vertical with volume.

• Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'll be on the lookout for even more angular frames.

And thanks for the bit on my hair. I'll look into changing it up!

• Yeah I quite like them. They look nice! :)