How do women rate men?

In terms of when you fist meet a guy. Do you go by looks, personality, or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• On sight, all you've got to go on are looks. At that point, it's about how they carry themselves, whether they're physically fit (I'm an active girl so wouldn't want to hang with a couch potato), have a nice smile, clean teeth, smell nice (too much cologne - ugh), dress well (which means what you're wearing is clean and suits you, not that you're wearing designer threads). You can also be over groomed. Nobody wants an antiseptic princess. At least nobody I know. There's a lot in a first look, but I'm sure it's the same for guys.

A lot of those impressions only last about as long as it takes to get through a conversation - which is where the real indicators are. I've become incredibly attracted to people by complete surprise, and similarly turned off by people who've got it all in the looks department.

Smart women can see right through game - you're not fooling anyone worth getting to know better so just be yourself. It's a cliche I know, but if you're attracted under false pretenses, how long do you really think it's going to last once the facades come down.

So while looks might give you a slight initial advantage, personality always wins out in the end. The guy's got to make me laugh and laugh easily himself (and at himself), he's got to be a genuine and considerate person, he has to be intelligent (not stuck up) - generally he would have to be an evolved guy with at least some interests in common, who's easy to be around.

I ended up marrying someone who was just about the opposite of my type in terms of visual style (he actually looked a little intimidating from across the room), but he won me over about five minutes after he opened his mouth. So there you have it.

What Girls Said 6

• Whether he can make me laugh and be nice (not a jerk). The looks don't really matter to me. Because that I surpass eventually. Not saying that I never go by looks. Of course I do. I rate men on how hot they are at most areas. But at the end of the day. Its who he is that matters. So I rate men. According to their personalities and partly on their looks. I knw a guy who's not the best looking guy out there. But he's hilarious and VERY NICE. He talks to everyone and is very down to earth. So girls really like him and want to be around him.

Players and wanna be "bad guys" are a turn off. Don't even try it.

Just be yourself.

• 1. eyes, smile whether he laughs or not

2. does he make people laugh?

2.5. Can he flirt?

3. Is he thought provoking ? I always like a guy that will makes me think, but some girls don't

4. compatible

If the guy is stupid, well then it's all on how good looking he is.

• I agree w/ boycrazy27, he needs to be funny. but personality is my thing. & liars are turn off's. but being cute is a great thing too(:

• This may sound shallow, but I usually judge a guy by eye color and how interested he is in the conversation. Some guys pretend they don't care and act really apathetic towards everything I say (sometimes because they don't know how to respond, I guess) and that's just annoying. I'm always thinking in my head, "just say something! I'm not about to judge what you say, just whether or not you *say* it! " a guy needs to be open and able to discuss complex topics. Oh, and if he has violent tendencies, that's a major turn off. If the first thing he says to me is "i killed three bunnies yesterday" I'm not going to be impressed, just disgusted. (i'm tired of guys who think violence is hot to us. It's not. )

• Ok well if there is a guy that I like its mainly because he's hot and is really funny. a lot of girls want a guy that can make them laugh.

• Well mine is

1. Looks

2. Personality

3. Kindness to me

4. Polite

5. Caring and sharing.

What Guys Said 2

• Believe or not females judge males by physical characteristics at first encounter. At first encounter a female knows if a guy meets her stander of taste. However, many times personality does play a role towards the end result. Cheer!

• Looks is the beat and personality is what reels them in...Cheers!!!