My clothes kinda suck, so how much do clothes make a person attractive? If the person is attractive already, does it make a difference if clothes are changed at all? I mean personally for me if a girl is attractive, I don't really care what clothes she wears really.
- 100% must have, bad clothes = no dates7% (7)5% (3)6% (10)Vote
- Helps a lot, but in certain cases it won't do much or very little55% (57)55% (31)55% (88)Vote
- Neutral, doesn't change anything20% (21)11% (6)17% (27)Vote
- If the person is wearing a lot of stylish clothes, the person seems high maintenance...a bit of a turn off.8% (8)12% (7)9% (15)Vote
- I don't care at all, as long as the person is cute10% (10)17% (9)13% (19)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
To me the actual clothes don't make a big difference, but a person's choice of style says something about their personaility. I'm a laid back rural girl who can be ready for a night out in 20min or less and at university it was a shock to me to find out that there are guys out there who take three times that long to get ready!
Now, to each their own, but I don't tend to be attracted to guys who feel the need to dress up when going to a house party or out for a few drinks because I'm not that way myself and I would feel out of place going hanging out with people are. Also, to me it says "high maintenance"- no thanks!
I want someone with a style similar to my own- a guy who looks good in his jeans and t-shirt and is confident in them. Some girls would disagree- wanting a guy who has style, takes the time and cares about his clothes.
But the bottom line about style is that it describes who you are, if you don't stand on much ceremony about your clothes, the kinds of girls you're going to attract are the ones who don't either- not to say they won't be pretty, they just have a different outlook than the girls who find it important to always dress to impress. Girls will judge you, at least in part, by the image your appearance creates so if your clothes present the image you want them to, then good, if they don't, then change it so that you're confident in it and yourself- confidence sends the best message.1