How much do the clothes make a person attractive?

My clothes kinda suck, so how much do clothes make a person attractive? If the person is attractive already, does it make a difference if clothes are changed at all? I mean personally for me if a girl is attractive, I don't really care what clothes she wears really.

• 100% must have, bad clothes = no dates
  • Helps a lot, but in certain cases it won't do much or very little
  • Neutral, doesn't change anything
  • If the person is wearing a lot of stylish clothes, the person seems high maintenance...a bit of a turn off.
  • I don't care at all, as long as the person is cute

Most Helpful Girl

• To me the actual clothes don't make a big difference, but a person's choice of style says something about their personaility. I'm a laid back rural girl who can be ready for a night out in 20min or less and at university it was a shock to me to find out that there are guys out there who take three times that long to get ready!

Now, to each their own, but I don't tend to be attracted to guys who feel the need to dress up when going to a house party or out for a few drinks because I'm not that way myself and I would feel out of place going hanging out with people are. Also, to me it says "high maintenance"- no thanks!

I want someone with a style similar to my own- a guy who looks good in his jeans and t-shirt and is confident in them. Some girls would disagree- wanting a guy who has style, takes the time and cares about his clothes.

But the bottom line about style is that it describes who you are, if you don't stand on much ceremony about your clothes, the kinds of girls you're going to attract are the ones who don't either- not to say they won't be pretty, they just have a different outlook than the girls who find it important to always dress to impress. Girls will judge you, at least in part, by the image your appearance creates so if your clothes present the image you want them to, then good, if they don't, then change it so that you're confident in it and yourself- confidence sends the best message.

What Girls Said 15

• Clothing isn't that important, but a neat, kempt appearance can drawn more people to you. For instance, you'd probably be more drawn to a woman who wears clean, well-fitting clothes than someone in baggy, shapeless sacks. The same goes for men -- if a guy looks really dirty or unruly, that is a bit of a turn off. Different people prefer different styles -- some might dig biker dudes, others farm guys, others preps. It's not so much the brand or style of clothing that matters, because not everyone likes the same stuff. The general manner of taking care of yourself that your clothing can portray or not portray.

• For me it's not all about clothes, but I think it makes a difference. I know I like a guy who takes care of himself, everyone has their days when they just throw on whatever and go, but not dressing like that all the time. Also the way you dress says something about you and the way you describe yourself. Your personality is the main thing it's the one thing that defies you no matter the things you wear.

• clothes says a lot about who they are and their personality, so they don't have to be wearing exactly what I would pick out for them to wear, but they have to look nice in what they're wearing.

• if a girl likes you for you then your clothes don't matter at all. its just nice if you don't look like a bum or whatever. but clothes don't matter at all, at least not to me.

• Like star2128 said if the girl already likes you clothes don't matter but if you go out and want to pick up girls clothes will matter because as much as we hate to admit it we do judge books by their covers

• I do prefer a guy to have a certain style of clothes - personally it's more of the "skater" style which is like skinny jeans and fit, band t-shirts - but it's not everything. Also clothes should actually fit, as in not too baggy and not too tight. That's about it.

• When first started liking the guy I like now, I hardly ever noticed his clothes. I wasn't till my best friend asked what he was wearing that day, until I noticed I never paid attention to what he wore. I guess, for me, it doesn't matter so much what they wear.

• It really doesn't matter and people who think that it does has a lot to learn about love and they need to grow up. Haha I hate most of bf's clothes but I love him to death. Really, don't worry about it, your so much more than your clothes.

• The clothes he wears isn't a big deal to me unless it's something extremely off like dressing like a gangster (sideways hat, XXL shirt, sagging pants lol big turn-off) or dorky clothes. But it's a huge turn-on when a guy puts a little effort into the way he looks like these guys for example...

Matt Babel (left) link

Dan Levy (right) link

Not the best pictures, but I see them on TV all the time and they're always dressed in a unique fashion unlike the boys you see on Hollister ads.

• Even if you don't have the best clothes it's important that they are not dirty or stained. Personally, the most important part is that you look like you take care of yourself.

• they matter...go to the thrift store and do some serious shopping!

• Clothes don't make much of a difference to me. Shoes tend to be a deal breaker though.

• lol,i think if a guy is cute enough I won't care about this cloth issue.well...it's just like paul boche is so damn hot to me even though he wears white T-shirt and jean.

• clothes help like if their dirty that is awful but it really doesn't matter other wise as long as you have cofidence

• I knew this guy who wore the same thing every day (sweats and a t-shirt). He was a hardcore sleaze ball. He kept hitting on me because he wanted to have sex with me (mind you, he knew I was a virgin so I'd get offended every time). This other guy I know, he's a real sweetheart. Always has been from the day that I met him. I didn't realize he repeats a lot of the same outfits because he has no clothes until he mentioned to me.

Moral of the story? Personality trumps all. What I'm trying to get at is the only reason I looked at his clothes the way that I did was because his personality sucked. So the only thing left was his physical appearance. With the other guy, I loved hanging out with him so I never thought twice about his physical appearance other than his smile which is what I typically notice on a guy because I like someone who can make me laugh.

If it'll help you gain some confidence, I feel that clothing is easier for guys. So if you get a certain shirt in a variety of colors, you can easily get away with that lol.

• I don't care about clothes on guys at all, but then again I'm kind of different

• I am the same looks don't really matter either personality you like the person for the person not for looks

What Guys Said 2

• I chose D because, well, that's how I feel. It makes a girl come across as high maintenance or a drama queen to me. That's not to say the girl doesn't look good like that, but to me it just sorta says "Look, but don't touch" so I don't approach.

• How a person wears there clothes and about there style tells you a lot about that person before even knowing her... so yeah B: Helps a lot, but in certain cases it won't do much or very little.