What is your opinion on girls with tattoos?

Im getting full sleeves (arms), a large one on my ribs and probably a few others. They'll be really well done by a professional. I was just curious on the opinions of others on this? And also, I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for sleeve tattoos. I already know what I'm getting on my ribs but I haven't decided for my arms yet. Thank you in advance :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Quantity and quality are everything. Jailhouse/garage patchwork tats look like shit. I only respect art on a persons body. Flash, ghetto, confusion, and childish should never describe work. If you're getting sleeve make sure the entire thing is planned out and tells a story close to your heart.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think tattoos are beautiful if done right. i don't like the double standard with guys can have tattoos but girls look 'trashy' if they get them, sleeves especially.
    personally, i like just black stick and poke designs and stuff,
    like Hannah Pixie Snow's tattoos. however colored designs/different 'theme' would look lovely as well.
    but anyway.
    get those tattoos
    rock the hell out of them
    who cares what anyone else thinks, you do you xD

• ryan ashley malarkey also has lovely tattoos you should definitely look at if you need ideas! :)

What Guys Said 30

• It's all just subjective opinion. I don't want any tattoos for reasons I won't go into right now, but seeing them on a woman is not necessarily a problem. Sometimes it's kind of attractive, though I would not get them if I were a woman.

Yes, they CAN be an indicator of immaturity, but you really have to get to know a person before you can judge that. I've known some amazing women that had lots of tats.

As for what I find attractive, it kind of depends on what the tattoos are. Some tattoos are really short-sighted or stupid. I like to ask girls the stories behind them. Sometimes, it's just "I thought it was pretty", and you know, that's not always such a bad reason. At least with beauty, it's not as stupid as some passing fad or something.

• A couple of small and simple tattoos can look nice but anything more seems unattractive to me. I'm just not a tattoo person. Be sure to think about possible future negatives from getting them.

• One or two small tattoos can be pretty sexy, but if it gets to the point where it covers up a large portion of your skin, especially if they are dark or graphic tattoos, its a huge turn off.

• It's very rare that I find a girl with full sleeves attractive. I don't mind tattoos but not overly large ones.

• I think it's awesome that you're committing to a tattoo... but if you're asking for the internet for an opinion on what you should get, then you probably shouldn't get one.

• I'm not asking if I should get one. I'm getting them regardless lol no one can tell me what to do with my body. I was just curious, that's all 😊

• Hmm, if you feel you're that unattractive that you need to disguise your body, maybe you should just wear a burqa.

• Why would I draw attention to myself if I knew I was unattractive? This isn't to disguise my body, it's to decorate it. No different than wearing elaborately nice clothing

• Pain isn't a problem for me. And what makes you think I'd ever want to remove it? If I'm gonna get, it's staying with me till the grave. But if you don't understand the thought process behind tattoos that's fine

• That's the problem; I do understand the thought process behind tattoos - especially for 16 year old's who aren't aware that someday they will think differently than they do now, and are all too eager to dive in the the current cool thing.

• I think a tattoo on a beautiful woman is like a graffiti on a piece of art.

• I love tattoos. I am personally getting a sleeve of album art from my favorite artists. I have a planned "graveyard scene" tattoo to go on my other arm with crows. I am a muso and want a polka trash tattoo up the side of my body. Then... I am wanting a tattoo of a beautiful mermaid sitting on the rocks, but the rocks have smashed porcelain pieces of men scattered everywhere. It must be dark tones (like something out of a Tim Burton movie). Its my analogy for love and life.

• Oh my gosh that sounds amazing. Music is my life so I was thinking on getting something to do with it. What exactly it will be I have no idea

• Yes you have my permission to do so if something terrible happens like that lol. But getting like "all of the drugs in this world won't save her from herself" or "I wasn't born with enough middle fingers" would suit me really well lol

• Nice ones... exactly that. love it.

• I find them unattractive personally, but whatever floats your boat.

• Hahaha. Take life as it comes, don't plan out sleeves at sixteen. You're talking about enough money to buy a decent car

• your version of a decent car is probably far from mine lol. Things like that don't matter to me.

• I didn't say being able to afford things doesn't matter to me. I said that a vehicle isn't something I need to buy considering I already have one. And my financial situation could be very different than yours so making assumptions isn't really recommended

• I never said you needed a car!! I said you could buy a car with the kind of money you're talking about spending on tattoos! Bye.

• Yea, girls with tattoos are fine I don't have a problem with it but some girls look better with tattoos than others

• A few tattoos, well picked, can look sexy.

Being all tatted up usually just looks trashy.

And seriously... who is so sure that something is going to still be THAT cool in 10 years, you want it written in your skin?

• Yeah but the good tattoos are the ones that have sentimental meaning behind them. The one I'm doing on my ribs is something very personal and it will never go "out of style"

• Unattractive, i love tattoos and have a few myself. But a full selve no thanks. Couple small tatts are sexy.

• tattoos aren't my cup of tea personally.

• Dang girl... You must be baller.. A sleeve costs a lot of money to complete.

• I don't like when people simply want tattoos and get irrelevant and or pointless tattoos as it shows a lack of character with a desire to distance themselves from conformity as priority over true self reflection disguised as artistic expression

• Woah um who said they were going to be irrelevant? The one I want on my ribs is extremely personal and has a lot of meaning. The way I think of it is that it's no different than having a desire for a painting or sculpture but not being certain of what exactly you want it to be of.

• The ribs is cool with something in mind, but non permanent artwork is variable. A sleeve tattoo is often a conglomeration of semi important designs with BS as filler.
      Just get meaningful tattoos one at a time and if it fills your arm, so be it.

• They are morons.

• It all depends on the ink and the intervisual girl and how she looks with it.

• Not a fan.

• Men it's ok

With tattoos, less is more usually

• Tattoos are hot af. Especially on really pale skin.

• nothing, they look cute.

• Get a jungle scene and have different colourful birds in it.

• i really dont mind it

• That some hot sh!!!

• It's their preference not mine

• Not really into them but they can look good on some girls.

• Too many tatoos is trashy. One or 2 that can be covered is ok. But the more a women has the less attractive they are. Also face piercings total turn off.

• Personally I don't like tattoos, but other guys do. Also you need to think of the future. You are not going to get a high profile job, if that is what you were aspiring for.

• I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. I know a lot of people who have extremely high profiled jobs and have tattoos. If you're really fricken good at your job, usual an employer won't care

• Turn off 100x

What Girls Said 9

• I recently got a half sleeve, and a piece on the back of my shoulder.

and, I was honestly expecting some negative backlash, but it hasn't happened yet.

scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...18064878_n.jpg

scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...35740475_n.jpg

• If they're beautifully done and unique, than my first impression is that they're creative and artistic, know who they are and are passionate about what they like. I like piecing together someone's personality by looking at their tattoos it's like reading a book.

• Personally I like modern kinda abstract looking tattoos, but I don't know if that would look good on a whole arm.

perhaps you can find some inspiration here:
    www. cuded. com / 2013/10/55-awesome-examples-of-full-sleeve-tattoo-ideas/

I had to add some spaces because I can't post links yet

• Sleeve tattoos are awesome. Especially if they are colorful and have a nature theme. If you're thinking of getting them, you should first get an idea of what you want, maybe have a picture drawn, think it over for a year, and then see if you still love it. Full sleeves are a big commitment and they pretty much determine what kind of tattoos you'll get in the future.

• There are plenty of guys who don't mind and who like them. So don't worry!

• That's awesome. Just look at Monami Frost she's hot as f*ck! :)

• I want to get tattoes too but have to wait till 18 , specially because my family isn't on board.

• GIRL YOU ARE 16! Wait till you're 18 at least before tattoos!

• I'm not getting them right now. I certainly can't afford to get good ones at this point. I just want them one day down the road

• i like them!