Dying virgin black hair lighter without bleaching?

i have a complete virgin black hair, how would i make it lighter without bleeching while still having my black roots because i want a black to medium brown ombrè?

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't make hair go lighter without bleach. Highlighting would be the only option if you don't want to full on bleach but it will likely not give you a blonde effect... At least not within a few sessions.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• At most without bleach, you can lift about 2 levels from your current colour using 20 volume.
    However because you have black/dark brown, i recommend bleach then apply a toner.

0|0
    0|0
    • And since its virgin black hair, it means you didn't do any chemical processes and that its healthy. Im sure it can handle bleach just fine.

Good thing about going ombre is that you dont necessarily have to strip the copper tone out or tht would require a double bleach process. :P

What Girls Said 3

• Hmmmm... hopefully a certified hairdresser will answer, but I think just do a bit of research on the net. And Guy Tang on youtube does all kinds of videos on hair dying - so go check him out. Maybe he has a video on just what you need. =)

0|0
    0|0
  • there is no way of making your hair lighter without bleaching it. you can do it slowly and with gentler lightening products so you hair won't get damaged, but it will contain bleach none the less. sorry

1|0
    0|0
  • That's going to be hard to achieve. I'd advice you to go to a professional, instead of experimenting on your own.

1|0
    0|0