Looking for a new hobby?

Basically I need a new hobby to keep my mind occupied so I am not stressing over girl problems or work problems. Some of my friends recommended that I start smoking weed because that takes your mind off things but I'm not the type to smoke weed.

Hence I need a new hobby that requires 100% concentration where your mind has to be completely focused at all times. Because a focused mind does not wander and think about what's not in the immediate moment. I was thinking maybe something competitive because you have to be in top performing state of mind or something extreme because error can involve injury.

Most Helpful Girl

• I snowboard to relieve stress. The more angery/stressed I am, the more tricks I acutally get because I'm focusing hard-to land the tricks and to not think about whatever is concerning me at the time.

100% concentration is needed...you could run into people, or trees. You could miss a jump or a rail and end up boarding into it. People have died snowboarding...so I think it fits the state of mind you're lookin for. And well, it's an extreme sport and error does cause injury.

The only time you'd get to not focus would be on the chairlift, but man now days you have to hold on, chairlifts aren't all that safe. If it stops at all of a sudden, you could fall, and well that wouldn't be good. You have to stay focused and 'on guard' for freak accidents like that.

Playing instruments is a good way to relieve stress too. My main instrument is the piano, and it takes 100% concentration to play a song right, otherwise you're B.S-ing it, and then you don't learn anything or play the song nicely.

I'm glad you aren't the type to smoke weed. It really accomplishes nothing. They should find a more productive way to manage stress.

Good luck =]

• Snowboarding is a good one especially when you go with friends. I've always wanted to learn the piano but it's a huge learning curve requiring you to be able to read musical notation so I opted for the guitar. Problem is that I don't play the guitar for fun, I play it when I feel emo (not gonna lie lol). That makes things worst because you're there alone with your thoughts sitting down. I've only been snowboarding once and sucked at it but I will give it another shot.

What Girls Said 3

• well yes, they were right about weed but it is costly if you are going to smoke it everyday and a few times a day which would be required. I actually, recommend video games (I know, it's akward for a girl to say that) find a really addictive game like: world of warcraft or even guitar hero can get very intense! one of my friends is pretty addicted...video games can occupy people for hrs! I remember playing like 12 hrs a day once. You can also try reading but that WOULD let ur mind wonder depending on the type of book you are reading...but I think video games are the way to go!

**please answer my most recent question:)

• Play guitar bro, you can always challenge yourself on an instrument. It is one of those hobbies that is just so great even if you aren't the best at it.

• well I like to play online games a lot. I do like training and working out-that's competitive in a way.

• Learn to play an instrument. Something that express your feelings so it won't be all bundled up.

It's worth the while. fun, and you got to focus. It's one of those hobbies that you won't get tired of and there's that sense of accomplishment.

What Guys Said 3

• I get the feeling that you need to keep your mind occupied *while* stressing over girl/work problems. The last thing you need while, say, rock climbing, is to have a steady background grumble about your love life. You need to be clear up there.

I would recommend something more expressive, some art: drawing, music, writing. You can grapple with your stress, get it out, and let it go.

• Motocross requires total concentration all the time. It's an expensive hobby but it's worth every penny.

• try boxing, I box and it consumes so much time and drains all energy.