I don't have shoes... Should I get cheap shoes?

well I have only like 2 pairs of sneakers and I'm starting (freshmen) high school Monday. I want get cheap ones at rainbow shop but I'm scared people will judge me for not having proper brand shoes from Nike, Jordan or Adidas. Would you judge someone for not owning these and getting them for a good price and quality. my friend doesn't care but she's my friend so she's biased. I want to know what you would think. Their shoes are really beautiful at the shop.. You can also look online here http://www.rainbowshops.com . I'm not the richest kid in the neighborhood ya know.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually people like shoes based on how they look not by the brand name. Get some shoes that resemble you and your personality. If you want something really cheap and comfortable I would recommend Vans.

Most Helpful Girl

• lol get normal shoes! dont spend over 50$ just for shoes!

• They cost about 12 dollars each and even have a sale 2 for $20

• thanks for advice! 😊

• always happy to help!

What Guys Said 4

• If people judge you based on what kind of shoes you're wearing... well... you know.
    And for what it's worth, I think it's cool when people stand out by not being a basic bitch, wearing what everyone else is wearing.

• No dont do it you pay for what you get I have found this out with shoes and I always go big

• But I'm poor.

• Anyways thanks for advice. I am going to study algebra now.

• Cool keep working hard

• Who cares, and who says they have to be name brand or sneakers for that matter. Get a pair of Keds, bobs, something simple like that. Then for a second pair of shoes nothing is better than the brown leather fashion boot.

• Brands can be expensive, and some do not last very long

What Girls Said 6

• Brands mean nothing. I wear what I feel comfortable in and what I like. In high school people are going to find something to make fun of you for no matter what. Might as well be because you're a gal that doesn't give a fuck if they don't like your shoes. ;)

• thanks for advice 😀

• OMG I want shoes now T-T

Don't worry about the other kids. They can build up their own karma and you'll still be wearing super cute shoes *u*

• nope, no one will judge you.

• you don't need to wear brands to look good

• Well you never know what people are going to be assholes about, because I got picked on for my clothes in middle school, high school, and even a little in college.
    I got made fun of because while couldn't afford new clothes/shoes every year, I'm pretty af, my hair always looks nice, so that's the only thing those hating ass hoes could come for me about.
    I have a little money to wear nice things now, and I have seen some of the chicks that used to make fun of me and they're busted. 3 kids, fat af, no money to get the expensive stuff because it has to go to their kids.
    School is about getting your education not worrying about these bitches judging you. Since you already have 2 pairs of shoes if I were you I wouldn't even buy a new pair. I would save the $12 for something else. Its just high school, nothing fancy.

• I'm an adult now, but I wouldn't judge you. Growing up is tough and people are mean. There are other sites you can order from. Styles for less is a very good site. They have sales all the time, good quality, and good prices. You just have to search. For pants, I think the same site along with sammydress.. you have to be very careful on sammydress. You don't get to exchange sizes. But dress how you want. Those kids aren't buying there own clothes so they can laugh or point all they want. They're broke just like you (no offense) but they have a mom and dad who can get those things. Everyone isn't able.. and it's not your dam fault. So shop styles for less, or even rainbow. Fuck them. You don't need validation.

• Thanks for advice!

• No problem hun 😊