Why pants rip mostly at crotch region?

Most Helpful Guy

• it's a scam by pants companies to get you to unintentionally show off your goods

Most Helpful Girl

• It's true - it's about the stress on the seam getting tugged in opposite directions with each step you take. You can find pants with a gusset at the bottom of the crotch seam (a diamond shaped piece where otherwise the four pieces of the pants would come together under your seat) that eliminates the problem - typically in cargo pants, military surplus, or good hiking gear, but they're mostly made in men's sizing, so unless your waist and hips are very close in size, you'll have to hunt for women's. It's also the case that plain weaves (threads alternate one over one under) are stronger against that kind of tearing, so maybe you want to buy pants that aren't denim. The twill weave (that gives denim its diagonal stripe appearance) makes a fabric that is stronger against abrasion so it lasts much longer if you work in your pants instead of just walking in them.
    There you go - way more than you actually wanted to know. (Guess what I studied in grad school!)

What Guys Said 2

• Because that's the weakest point , it has the most movement in that area so it weakens it

• Let me guess!!! The pants were skin tight and you tried to stretch then they rip and end of story.

What Girls Said 7

• #thickthighproblems

I've invested so much money into work pants because they all end up ripping in the upper thigh / crotch region. 😪

• because they get stretched a lot form there

• Penis is too big

• The most of the movement is there

• Your giant thunder thighs?

• Things like this happen when you have a long-ass dick.

• I'd like to know this too