Why do people wear heels?

Sure they make you look good but they fucken hurt! Plus they weren't even made for women in the first place.

Kind of funny how feels where a masculine thing but then were turn into a feminine thing.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• I really don't care about people wearing them. If they want to, have at it. If not, don't. And they certainly don't need to do it for me. Period.

• If women just straight up stopped wearing heals I wouldn't complain. Any woman who is pretty in high heels is just as pretty in a pair of comfortable shoes. I'm attracted to women, not their clothes. But even if that wasn't the case, I don't want girls hurting themselves to look good for me.

• You wonder how they can wear them as much as heels can break down the feet

• Well, even I don't why they wear that. I don't see any logic in it, it's not good for you knees and your ankle, but it seems like they don't care about their body.

• People are indoctrinated into associating high heels with "feminine posture".

Women are the greatest offenders. They're the ones who are wearing the high heels for that purpose, after all. That's why I'm not sure how to take someone seriously who claims they need a boyfriend to "feel like a woman".

• Fascinating - I always assumed they were invented to give illusion of height and accentuate a "sexy" wiggle on women.

• I want to appear more manly by being taller... so i wear heels...

wait...

• I don't even notice that a girl is wearing heels until I see them walk funny or they seem too tall.

• Because they make women look classy and sophisticated. Classy and sophistication is sexy. Plus some women have great legs and can show them really well.

• 4realz doe.. this whole feminist thing about wearing high heels doesn't apply to meh.. i'd rather u not wear high heels cuz it looks kinda funnay lel

• Skirts were once made for men, too. Why do women wear them?

For the classic up skirts :)

• because apparently people enjoy crippeling their feet :D

• i agree , i once tried my sister's heels , can only survived for few second ( it didn't even fit)

• They don't make you look good, I dislike them, I prefer girls in sneakers ;)

What Girls Said 15

• I wear heels almost daily with no complaint, but I understand your feelings. Personally, with me, it' all about the quality of the shoe. I've found that the more expensive shoes fit better and are way more comfortable. The cheaper ones off the rack at your neighborhood retail giant are the ones that seem to cause me the biggest discomfort. I guess you get what you pay for.

• I DON'T KNOW! They are horrible. Sneakers are my life. <3

• because they look good lol. u just said it :P

and honestly? sometimes the pain is so worth it. I don't know what happens to me when i wear heels but i just feel so different haha

• My reasons = Im a shoe- collecting-addict + they look super sexy + make me look taller + skinnier +my dates luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve me in them :)

• They accentuate the look and at times looks more professional. That's why. And men can wear them if they want to... I just won't be looking. I have seen one gay guy who rocked heels though.

• Yeah they actually were made for men first lol

• Out of preference, I would assume.

• i only wear them to look taller but i rarely wear them

• I don't know, but I never wear them...

• Maybe men should just wear high heels sometimes, too!
    I think that would be fun :D

• They make your legs look good! bahah yeah the ones i have dont hurt my feet thankfully :")

• Dunno, I've never liked them.

• i mainly see fancy girls with them on. I don't know how they can! i always fall!

• They look good but the pain is just too much for me. I only wear them to formal events.

• 'cause they just look good and make you taller...