Help : Is it ok for a teacher to wear these clothes?

I'm new to this thing actually and kind of don't know what to wear so I've been searching on the internet and I found some that I think it's cool to wear them.

• it's okay
  • it's not ok
  • I'll give you some other styles
I'll teach a high school students. Thanks for helping me guy&girls I wish I can select you all as the MHO <3

Most Helpful Guy

• I knew a teacher back in high school who wore clothes just like this. She was in her 20s and pretty new to teaching. Because of the clothes she wore and stuff, she gained the reputation as being a... erm... "party girl" or "promiscuous" (with harsher terms). In actuallity she was just a normal woman. Point is, unless you want the guys to make sex jokes about you and such, I suggest not wearing those clothes. In normal society it'd be fine, but in teaching you should try to be very modest in clothing.

No belly showing, maybe less tighter clothes, longer skirts, don't have cleavage poofing out.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 38

• As long as the dress is at the knees, and there is no mid-driff, those styles in my opinion are just fine.

• Not terrible, but it could certainly be more conservative. Mid drift showing and a skirt that short isn't going to cut it. Those clothes are more for around town, not for a teacher. A teacher needs to dress even more conservative than an office worker. The second pic is probably the best one out of the batch.

Of course it partly depends on where you live and work. The local district will have it's own guidelines. But you can be pretty sure it will be fairly conservative.

• From that list it seems like the only one that would be okay is number 2.
    Schools tend to be quite strict with their dress codes and teachers have to lead by example.

• Here is my advice that can give you opinions on dressing..

wdy.h-cdn.co/.../...hool-makeovers-lgn-6972749.jpg

• They can wear whatever they want as long as it's not too revealing and inappropriate of course

• It's fine. Your students are going to want to 'bang' you though.

• I don't think your school's administration would appreciate you wearing the last 2 outfits, but the other outfits should be fine by them.

• The one dress at the bottom is just TOO short, honestly.

• And the next one up is pushing it. Unless you want to seduce one of your students, in which case, carry on! :D

• Others have already said what I believe... that the second picture is the only appropriate one of the bunch. Bare midriff or too much leg showing will not help the high school boys concentrate on the things they should be, rather than your body. :-)

• 1|0
  • I think it is totally okay.

• Sure, if your ok with all your male students drooling over you.

• the second and last one are great the showing of your midriff is probably not so much.

• I wish my teacher would have dressed like that. But most importantly looked like that too.

• Not with the extra bit of stomach showing!

• To me 2 is appropriate - 1 and 3 the stomach is exposed - 4 and 5 skirt too short.
    You are on right track - Keep skirt at length 2 or longer and tops the style of 2,4 , 5 are fine.

• It is ok but i voted B on purpose. Bcz , others' reaction will not be ok. And that will probably lead to many problems. So ,,, no its not.

• depends on which standards ur teaching, or ur sure to get a few wild honey drops dirzzling over you. now don't ask how

• I'd avoid tight and revealing clothing altogether. As I remember in school we all would stare at female teachers who wore such clothes. We made a lot of sex jokes and I've even seen a few guys masturbating through their pockets in class. It's not a good idea because you'll get a lot of sexual harassment from male students. I'd try to look very modest and proffessional.

• These are not suitable in India.
    But I think not bad.

• I m not complaining ;) But keep the skirt at knee hight

• some just will get guys distracted xD

• All of those seem inappropriate while at work as a teacher.

• I think the first two would be the best. I see nothing wrong with them myself, but the staff might and you may get harassed by the students.

• Really the only two that I could see being ok is number 2 and number 3 if the shirt was tucked in.

• the Asian girl is hot... but definitely not school appropriate.

• Not cool for school

• Its more appropriate to wear ones that go beyond the knees. Otherwise ur above ur knees could give us and everlasting boner ☺️☺️

• My English teacher used to dress similarly but I'm not an American as I assume you are. Your schools are stricter about what teachers can do. I'd say as long as it's one of the longer skirts it'll be absolutely fine for your first day at least

• whatever you wear... just make sure that those few students that you will choose, will wear condom. I wish you happiness with smashing chad football players.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 41

• It depends on the school's dress code. When I taught (student teaching), I couldn't wear things that showed my midriff, too much cleavage, or was too short if I wore a skirt.

The first outfit in yellow is cute, but you can kind of see some stomach skin so not sure if your school would allow it. Same as the 3rd outfit with the shirt knotted. The 2nd outfit is fine. If the skirt was a bit longer in the 4th and 5th, it'd be fine.

I wore things like this:

http://i.imgur.com/zu1wsIl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TlskU36.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vIT16da.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RqI3XRO.jpg

Since it's still warmer, I wouldn't wear the cardigan or blazer. But it's usually Capri pants and a nice blouse, or button up shirt, a pencil skirt, or a dress. Shorts had to be Bermuda (almost to knee) length. I would ask a faculty member what the dress code is... if they have none, then wear what you want. :)

• The only outfit that looks appropriate to me is the second one. Maybe the first one if the shirt is longer and the third one if the blouse isn't tied like that. The other ones aren't appropriate at all. Typical school dress codes don't even allow students to dress in short skirts like that, and teachers certainly shouldn't be breaking the dress code - they're supposed to be setting an example.

A more appropriate kind of outfit would be one that's closer to being business casual or at least a little more modest. Ones like this:

slimages.macys.com/.../303455_fpx.tif

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0458cb42c6.jpg

Also, about shoes - definitely stay far away from high heels and especially platforms and stilettos. You're going to be working for 7 or 8 hours straight, and 90% of that time is spent standing. Not only will you be uncomfortable, but it's also bad for your whole body and your posture. Think about wearing sneakers, flats, or very low heels that are easy on the feet.

I'm also a new teacher and so is my husband, so I definitely know that it's not easy to create a wardrobe for this job (although it's easier for him, lol). It's not a strict office job, but you also can't wear just anything. Don't hesitate to ask your principal or school board for a staff dress code. Some schools are strictly modest business casual (a religious school would be like this) and others are more flexible.

• No, I don't think those would be appropriate. I do think the second one is okay but the rest of them are not. Some of them reveal her stomach or the skirt part looks way too short.

• 1st photo: skirt is good, the crop top isn't because your midriff is showing. The heels are more suitable for a date.
    2nd photo: this is a good outfit
    3rd photo: the knotted crop top seems messy and the midriff is showing. the lacey skirt would look better with a plain blouse tucked in. Flip flops, nooo!
    4th photo: The top is ok, as long as you don't have to bend too much. The skirt would be awesome if it was around knee length.
    5th photo: short lacey pink skirt, this seems too provocative even for a night out. The blouse is ok.

the topic of what should a teacher wear is too long. I send you some links to check
    www.reddit.com/.../
    blogs.edweek.org/.../...nts_advocate_not_peer.html
    https://www.pinterest.com/explore/teacher-wear/
    www.pinterest.com/.../
    www.thestar.com/.../...too_peel_director_says.html

• There are dress code rules in place for both teachers and students in schools. The skirt in the first one is fine, but the shirt is too short. You cannot show your stomach. The second one is fine. The third one is sloppy looking and also shows the stomach. The skirt is technically okay. The fourth is way too short. If the length were longer, it would be fine. The skirt in the fifth picture is also way too short, but the shirt is fine. Overall, I love the outfits (except for the third). You just need to have dresses/skirts of an appropriate length and you cannot have your midriff visible. You also need to be mindful of how much cleavage you show. I'm not sure what age children you are/will be teaching, but they need to be focused on the lesson and not their teacher's assets. You also need to be mindful of the other staff members and the parents. Good luck!

• No.
    It's not okay to wear short clothing or showing your belly.

How come this should be explained?

• I'm not going to show my belly! Just talking about the styles and we can always make some changes if it's necessary.

• Yeah, a pencil skirt and a shirt that doesn't have a cleavage and isn't completely sleeveless is great. =)

• Not to School but On her own after the bell rings.
    However, the Second Pix if I Had to Pick, is very Appropriate for this Good looking Teach.
    Good luck. xx

• The second outfit looks really nice, and appropriate for a teacher. But the other ones aren't. Those skirts are too short and showing midiff is inppropriate for a teacher

• Don't show your stomach or wear skirts closer to your ass than to your knees if you're teaching kids past about 4th grade - you don't want to deal with those hormones. And make sure your shoes are something you'll be happy to stand in for eight hours straight. And when deciding how tight you want it at the waist consider that you may not get to go to the bathroom all day. Last (and least) I want kids to pay attention mostly to my face and hands, so I tend to face from plain and dark skirts and pants up to bright or busy near my face.

• #2 is the only one that seems appropriate for a teacher. The other styles are pretty, but they show too much skin. As a teacher, I know I'd be asked to change or sent home and written up for wearing most of those outfits. They're a good starting point, I guess, but you need to cover your midriff and cleavage and make sure the bottoms are not too much higher than your knees.

• I think it's okay although I think the last two are be a bit too short - that are rather outfits you'd wear in your free time

• I think that some of them are okay and some are not. A teacher should not be baring her midriff. That is highly inappropriate. The skirts in the last two are far too short. With just a few modifications most of them would be okay.

• Oh yes, why not?

• I thought It would be a bit over

• the skirts are too short.. other than that they are okay

• Nope some are too short, others too inappropriate. Remember you're working as a professional and will be teaching. You have to look more conservative. Show less skin.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...2cad04a2bc.jpg
    fashionmatter.files.wordpress.com/.../...pants.jpg
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../art+teacher+clothes.jpg

• The second one is the only one that is suitable

• To be more appropriate I would go for skirts below the knee.
    And shirts that don't show belly.
    You're around young children... you can look stunning and appropriate.

The styles are amazing I would just get some slightly longer.

• The last two are way to short and revealing, the others where her midriff was showing are also completely inappropriate.
    You're supposed to dress professionally for your professional job, showing skin like that is not meant for a career

• 1 and 3 are no.
    The rest seem fine.

• The second outfit is the best and most appropriate for a teacher.

• 4&5 are not appropriate but i have had teachers dress like the other pictures and it was completely fine, no other teachers complained no students paid attention, I've had teachers show way more, the bit of belly on show in 1 is tasteful and in my opinion way better than having a lot of cleavage on show (which a lot of teachers do)

• Last one is definitely not ok

• These clothes are beautiful but not appropriate to school. (The 2nd version is ok.) Children should concentrate on what you say, not on your legs or body.

• 4 seems okay. Everything else is no.

• Yes, it's fine.

• those outfits look more casual than anything else only the second one looks appropriate for a teacher but when it comes to the rest... nope

• You'd get fired for showing stomach skin. You should not aim for sexy clothes. Dress like a nun.

• Yes the clothes are fine in my opinion. But school rules for clothes are stupid these days. So check the rules of conduct

• I think they're too sexy for teachers

• The last ome is a no. Are you young? Honestly my teachers could Care less about what they wear. They usually wear t shirts and jeanss. You dont wnat to overdo it yet you dont want to underdress. One of. my math teachers would wear a skirt similar to the first and second one. It was hard for her to get around and she had problems when she would drop something. Everyone (guys) usually felt uncomfortable when she would bent down. Wear slacks or something

• More from Girls
    11