Why would you choose a less attractive girl?

so I'm just wondering if the reason guys choose a less attractive girl over an obviously hotter chick is because they're afraid that the more attractive girl has other options and would cheat on them...?

OK so, questions about personality aside, could that be ONE of the reasons?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well personality aside, I've always followed that same rule. I think the really good looking guys generally are heartbreakers because they are hit on all the time so they are always tempted for something better. I never date too goodlooking of a guy.

What Guys Said 2

• I can't imagine entering into a relationship worrying about her cheating!

So are you the "hot but cheating" or the "attractive and faithful"?

Actually, something about "hotter girl" implies flashy, which isn't my style anyway.. I'd pick the other girl regardless.

• Or possibly this 'hotter' chick is full of herself and vain, and therefore by default much less attractive than said other girl.

What Girls Said 3

• Uhhh.. The attractive girl could have less character and less of a personality compared to the less attractive girl. Looks aren't everything.

• Because looks aren't everything and a beautiful girl can only hold a guys attention for so long. If she is dumb as sh*t then eventually the guy will be driven crazy. Love isn't as simple as good looks.

• It's also possible that who you consider "hotter" isn't who he considers "hotter." Everyone isn't necessarily attracted to the exact same thing, regardless of what they might say on TV.

Could it be one of the reasons? Of course it could, but you can't know without being inside his head. To be honest, I would doubt it, though. I don't think most guys are worried about their girlfriends cheating on them, because, statistically, it's much more likely to be the opposite way around.