Girls have you ever tried to bleach your hair?

I got bored of my brown hair and I'm thinking switching to a blonde for a while. Does turning blonde damage your hair alot?
Here's the blonde I want, Lily James is naturally a brunette. What shade is this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't bleached my hair because I believe in natural beauty but I can say that dying your hair of any sort is bad for the health of your hair and bleaching is among the worst things you can do to it. A lot of women complain about their hair breaking off, being really dry and brittle, and all the damage bleaching has done. Maybe you should get a hair chalk or spray on color that you can rinse off at the end of the day. It's up to you, but I would suggest deep conditioning often to treat the damage it may cause. Also, studies have found when you dye your hair the chemicals soak into your scalp and get filtered through your urine, this has been linked to bladder cancer later in life.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• nope i've never bleached my hair and don't have the intention to

• The moment I imagine it, I reject the thought.

• no and I don't plan on doing it!

• I have never bleached my hair but if I did I would make my hair dark blonde or platinum blonde.

• It's not good for your hair!

• Judging by my experience, bleach damages your hair a lot. I've only done it once and it can really harm your hair. If you really want to go for it, I'd recommend you to find a hair-stylist you really trust.
    As for the shade it looks like yellowish platinum blonde. I might be wrong though.

• It does damage your hair, bleach is not for fun. I bleach my hair "often" because it's kinda dark blonde, but I take really good care of it too, meaning no damaging hair products, no blow drying, no straighteners, good shampoo, good balsam and lots of hair oil.

• Glad you are concerned about safety b/c these are well founded fears.
    Thus you are a candidate to take all this to a pro, even if its costs more $$$$ but you also get a dialogue on what to do & avoid IF you ever need to touch it up or DIY later on.