Which outfit is better for a job interview?

This is what i usually wear to my dads office, he owns his own company so i can get away with whatever i wear hehe

Or should i go with something like this:

But instead of that necklace i would just wear pearl necklace or pearl earrings.

• Outfit #1
  • Outfit #2

Most Helpful Guy

• For outfit 2, its all neutral tones. Try wearing a top with a bold sophisticated colour to make a statement with your professional look.

The interviewee will easily remember you better by the colour you wear or you'll blend in with the other applicants who also chose to wear neutral colours.

A little colour in your life goes a long way ;)

• PS: I've worked in women's retail for awhile to know what im talking about xD

• I don't have many varieties of color in my wardrobe. Only neutrals im not a big fan of colors other than those neutral colors😢

• Thats what i hear every girl say... You gotta add some colour in your life!! Go do some shopping now!

Most Helpful Girl

• white seems risky to wear especially if anything can happen you can dump coffee on yourself, it can rain, slip and fall in a puddle ten minutes before your interview, etc wear the second, minimal jewelry less is more make sure you can walk in those shoes it'd be embarrassing to trip in front of your interviewers

• Its still summer here so dont think it will be raining, true I could spill coffee on it. I can walk on it no need to worry about that its not like I'll be walking or taking bus there so my legs wouldn't be tired haha

• Yep! Thanks for the tips!😊

• thanks for mho!

What Guys Said 19

• I absolutely love the second outfit on female employees at office jobs. It looks attractive and professional at the same time.

• The first one doesn't look professional enough?

• The second outfit is better. Black and white look more professional. Don't include the necklace though.

• How about earrings?

• Eh... not sure about those. If you do wear them, just make sure that they're not too flashy.

• Its just going to be a simple pearl earrings nothing fancy

• Probably the second one it's what most office/executive women wear now a days, I would perhaps leave the necklace out though.

• For interview I would go with dark outfit and I wouldn't wear any necklace.

• Black suit. Darker colors are always safer for interviews. As for the neckacle, who is interviewing and what kind of job? A woman may appreciate it, a man maybe not. A creative job might require a more fashionable style, compared to an accounting position.

• I like Outfit#2 i think it's pretty and looks very good for a job interview

• First is more if your like boss or something lol

Second is better for a position at your depth in a new company

• The pants in the first picture aren't very flattering on you. Stick with clothes that show off or enhance your good features.

• I like the white one but it wouldn't matter you could pull of anything.

• Both looks great. The second one shows more business while the first one is acceptable to wear once you are hired.

• number 2 filler

• Both look ok to me

• I think the black one, its seems more professional to me

• Wearing black I think makes you look a lot more formal.

• A black suit is more professional.

• Outfit # 1 but with a non-see through shirt.

• Both look acceptable. But black certainly gives more authority to your figure.

• Depends on the job. If it's anything involving arts I'd say number 1 but everything else I'd say go with 2. They're both really good outfits though. You've got style 😎

• Nope it doesn't involve art haha. Aww thank you!

• Actually even if your dad is the boss, he's still your boss. He can tell you what you can and can't wear, and if you don't comply, he WILL fire you

• I wouldn't be going to an interview at my dads company thats why im asking this. If I wanted to work for my dad I wouldn't have to do an interview.

• Lol whatever man

• It's illegal to hire based on being family

What Girls Said 26

• 100% suit. You should always appear your most professional for an interview and suits are generally seen as very business professional.

• The first one doesn't look professional enough? 😐 I thought it looks pretty good😐

• *think

• It's fine for everyday office wear but not for an interview. Suits are at the top of business professional wear.

• I thonk B is the better option :)

Though you can try to mix the two like take the short from the first pic and replace it with the short in the second one. With maybe the shoes from the first pic or just leave it with the black ones

• For once I'm going to agree with the majority of folks on here and say the second one looks better for an interview. Save the first for when you actually get the job, yeah? :D

• I want to be a flight attendant so I'd def not be wearing that once i get the job haha

• i think outfit 2 looks better suited for an interview. for some reason black/dark colors look more professional to me. you look great! where is this interview if you don't mind me asking? or what type of job?

• Okayy. Thanks!😊

The interviews going to be somewhere near the airport in my city I don't know where it is but my driver does hahaha. Flight attendant😊😊

• oh cool!! that is a great outfit for that. good luck!

• I like the first one better. =)
    it's just thr shoes I might find not that professional.

• i prefer the second one!

• black one..

• Number 2! by the way, if you choose no. 1 then ditch the open toe hills and replace them with those black ones because open toes are deemed as unprofessional.

• I like number one. It's not typical, dreaming and crisp.

• Refreshing*

• Thanks so much for for opinion! 😊☺️

• i'm not sure i helped much, i kind of just blabbed on, but thanks :) lol

• Your heels in the first picture are a little over the top for the office, still rather nice if I can say so. You also look a lot more classy in the second, probably down to the jacket and darker colour.

• Really? I think the heels are alright i meant not over the top like you said. I really like the first outfit they make me look skinnier😭 anyway thanks for your opinion!😊

• The most important thing is, that you feel good in what you wear.

• Outfit #2 :) It looks more professional, just don't wear a necklace :)

• How about earrings?

• Its only going to be pearl earrings not too big but not small either

• Ah, wear them :)

• #2 looks best and very classy

• Those are cute and the 2nd one is the best to me, black always looks more professional lol

• The second one. Looks more professional.

• I would definitely go with option 2, option one looks really pretty but option two is absolutely screaming power women! It really gives you that 'go get em'' look; makes you look like you want that job so much more! 😊

• 2 looks more professional

• The second one looks more professional

• boths are good, but black is always more professional

• I really want to wear the white one tho😭

• it depends which industry is also. If it's fashion I don't see why not.

• Def not fashion haha. Im going to a flight attendant interview

• second one, it's shows how dynamic you are.

• The second one looks very professional :)
    Oh and I love your white skirt xP

• Ahh i was hoping everyone would choose outfit number one😭😭 and thank you!

• I prefer outfit 2. You're very pretty by the way ^_^

• Definitely #2! Suits are always the best!

• Urgh I meant to vite for outfit number 2. The first is also professional but more of fashionable than professional. I would wear it for office but not for an interview. For an interview I would go for something more simple. And also I read somewhere recruiters prefer someone that's not fashionable. I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't want to risk it. Good luck! :)

• By the way if I was about to have an interview for flight attendant, I would wear white or blue solid short sleeved top with dark colour high waisted knee length pencil skirt and neutral kitten heeled pumps. That's the outfit some airlines tell us to wear for an interview. Maybe it could be an idea for you.

• Okayy thank you very much!!

• Number 2 but with a white button up blouse underneath... Buttoned more than the first pic. You don't want to look like your trying to show your tits. It comes across as unprofessional.

• For an interview definitely black.. Most of men's suits are black for a reason but the white one is nice but more for after you got the job and you've been working there for a while

• I think the second outfit is more appropriate.