Why do men like red lipsticks so much? What is the favorite make up on a girl for a guy?

I have notice the amount of attentio I get when I put of bright red lipsticks. men always stare and some even follows you. My boyfriend even told me you look very sexy with that lipsticks. I meant lipsticks only with no other make up.

When I doll up with eye make up and neutral color lips I don't even get that much attention.

• Smokey eyes
  • False eyelash
  • Bright red lipsticks
  • Shinny lipgloss
  • Others
  • Bald eyeliners

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys like red colors on girls because it's the color of arousal- when you're aroused adrenaline starts pumping through your veins thus making you blush- not just in your face but also on the chest area and down south (although it's barely noticeable). And yes, your lips also get a bit red. So, to sum it up men like red lipstick because it looks like the girl is aroused.

• it makes perfect sense. Sometimes my lips are naturally fuller than other days he told me your lips really sticks out today and would keep kissing me,

• Sometimes he would change the focus to my cheek, turns out he has sensitive lips and it can be a bit much for him sometimes hehe

What Guys Said 14

• I look at the whole package, but red lips always catches my eyes. Just like @springocelot said it's the contrast and makes her lips look very kissable

• As your MHO said one of the theories is a subliminal connection with lips elsewhere - Personally however I prefer subtle/light/no make up on a woman

• I personally don't care much for it. Not all girls can pull it off. So those who CAN pull it off look VERY good, but those who CAN'T pull it off look ridiculous tbh..

• I actually don't like makeup at all. My ultimate nemesis are mascara, eyeshadow and lipstick, actually. Eyeliner can be okay although I'm not a fan; although I've seen mascara applied ONLY to the upper eyelashes and not the ones on the bottom and that actually looked pretty neat.

• None of the above. Natural beauty is the best.

• I like natural beauty as well, so does he. Just saying if you have to pick one :)

• Red its a sexy collor... red underwear its the most sexy :P and red lip stick go on the same way...

• First off, where did this rumor that guys like red lipstick come from In the first place?

• Thats a false statement. Usually darker shades look better. Guys just like the makeup to look natural and compliments the girl's face, not something tragic and questionable.

• That usually is the case, however I'm just curious why it gets so much positive attention

• It only gets positive attention because of the cosmetic industry. They supply the make up and create buzz for whatever they have.

• I like girls having naturally bright red/pink lips without any lipstick. And naturally beautiful without any makeup.

• I don't like lipstick at all, especially one that pops too much on a fair skin. I'm for anything that emphasizes the eyes.

• Shank up isn't usually good. The only reason men like it, it makes women look cheap, slutty, and easy

• So you saying red lipstick makes women look slutty? LOL

• More or less. Makes them look like hookers or porn stars

• I disagree, it all depends on how the woman carry herself with clothing, the rest of the make up.

• I don't like it that much

• I don't like lipstick or any other makeup, basically - face powder and concealer are quite sufficient for any girl... natural beauty rules ;)

• Bright red on most women looks awful and makes a woman look like a clown.

What Girls Said 6

• im not a huge red lippie wearer. I'm all about nudes and browns with a touch of bronzer and some eyeliner.

i0.wp.com/.../macnude1.gif?resize=750%2C500

• My personal favorites are something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDyMVm77PvQ
    and this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoS087YxJ7I
    and this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n56ZY0dAcCI
    So I clicked "Others".

• I see you prefer false lash and colored contacts then. very cute looks by the way

• Thank you. c:

• i really LOVE red lipstick!!! <3 it a really classy color!!! and also i totally agree with what @black_skinny_jeans said

• The colour RED is a strong and bold colour that only confident people wear it without being conscious or shy about it. Red can symbolise passion or vitality. You don't see a lot of women wearing red lipstick unlesss they are in an important occasion.

• because red lips are shiny and contrast the rest of the face. they also create the illusion of fuller lips

but my guess is that it's the shine that catches their eye

• That could be, especially on brunettes with fair skin

• I'm pretty sure it's just the media or fashion industry that portrays it like that.