Why is the high waisted look among women coming back?

I see it all the time now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm assuming you're talking about trousers (pants, shorts), right? It's not COMING back, it has CAME back. I would say this came back about three years ago.

I don't know why though. I think it's because many girls like to have a new -wave 1980's look these days. I think the high-waisted look is ugly and I find nothing attractive about it. I prefer the low-rider early 2000's look.

What Girls Said 9

• Coz its way more comfortable and like that I won't have to keep pulling up my jeans while walking or sitting or whatever

• It's not coming back, as it's been around since I was in high school aka 3 3 years ago!

• Because that's how fashion works, most of the time it's old trends who come back in a more modern look :)

• It's been back. It can be cute and it can also look hideous. Like mom jeans gone wrong.

• "coming back" aha
    a lot of fashion is recycled, I guess high waisted jeans is one of them

• Because we like it

• My waist is like that, right under my boobs.

• Why not?
    It happens.

• Because it is more comfortable, practical and classy than low waisted look that was in few years ago. Nobody will see our butt when we sit or bend. And no muffin tops.

What Guys Said 6

• Fashion is usually a series of cycles and trends - It is just the high waisted turn again

• I DISLIKE THIS TREND!

• Who cares its sexy

• 0|0
  • Cuz America

• The what? I don't know what you're talking about.

• The hem line of their clothes, goes above their hips. "high waisted" (it sits on the bottom of their stomach, not their hip)

• It'd be gay for men to do it, basically

• Eww. XD