Does your room reflect your life?

I've noticed that my room is really messy when I lack concentration in other areas, and my desk is kind of a representation of what I've been working on.

If a stranger looked at the state of your room right now, would they get correct insight into what your life is like at the moment? Give us a description of your room in the comments.

• Yes.
  • No.
I have folded laundry on my bed from this morning (haven't been very productive). My desk has really random stuff on it: laptop, text book, sketch book, check book, sheets of paper, camera. tape measure, keys, finger nail clippers, dental floss (I've started school but haven't gotten much homework yet). My floor is covered in random things from moving in (haven't settled in to my new place mentally and socially). My door is open (want to spend time with roommates, but they're being hermits).
Also, get off the computer and clean your room already!

Most Helpful Girl

• i suppose so, i just got rid of a bunch of stuff that i haven't used in ages, and reorganized what i still have so my room is super clean, and kind of refreshing to be in. it sort of represents how i've let go of a lot of things and that i've changed overall. also that im maybe ready to handle what comes next?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have major depression and I love to cook. You can always tell if I'm depressed or not by the state of my kitchen

What Girls Said 21

• Yes, my room is just as much of a mess as my life is. It's pretty horrid, not gonna lie.

• Maybe, in a way, but probably not so much! My room (and whole apartment) is super neat and I try to keep everything hella clean just because it feels nicer that way. But life is like chaos regardless of how my room looks or how many outfits are strewn about the floor.

• Yes.

I hate my room. My door lock sucks , the closet door doesn't shut properly, ugly furniture.

In short, my life sucks.

• Yes. My room is very clean, organized, and simplistic. Only blacks, whites, and greys are in there. It's incredibly soothing and comfortable and inviting. I hope that's a reflection of myself anyway.

• You wanna know the definition of chaos?
    come to my room lol

• I don't think I want to. I've already had an introduction to chaos theory in one of my classes.

• Yes, everytime my room is messy, that's how my life in general is too. When I keep it tidy I'm pretty much in control of my life.

• My room is messy but undergoes changes like my life. I have a huge library and while I have organised the books, there are random stuff scattered in front of them. My bed is made up. My wardrobe is kinda messy (I need to organise it and give away some more clothes), as well as my cosmetics drawers and my cds. My desk has the books I need for the paper I work on, the books I want to read and a few magazines, some random stuff and my laptop.

• Not necessarily. My room is organized and clean, which does give anyone looking at it the idea that I do enjoy organization and structure. That's true. However, I don't feel like my life is as set up as it should be. It feels in slight disarray unfortunately, so though my room is neat and tidy, there are things in my life that need to be straightened up.

• It was messy my entire life. Once my friend came over, and she literally screamed, and her room is messy too. But not as messy as mines. Every guest that came over complained, but I only had a mattress and a old dresser that belonged to someone who lived in my house before us, which was 9+ years ago.

I'm moving this year, so it's a bit messy now, but I cleaned up, since we're moving.

Nobody knows how my life really is, even if they got 100 chances.

• I'm about to move and my room looks really bare and sad :(

• I don't got a room😑

• yes, in a way. it's very cluttered and lacking in organization. i tidy up when i can.

• nope never has

• Vote A = Stereotypical virgo right here = My whole house reflects that = Im a total neat freak.

• I don't want strangers to go in my room. They can stay out in the kitchen/lounge area.

• Yes it does. Sometimes it's messy, sometimes it's tidy.

• My room is clean but my life is a mess

• It sort of does. It is kind of chaotic and quite disorganized. I value cleanliness but I don't like it when my stuff are organized. For reasons unknown, I can never find them if they are.

• I've read a few things about this very topic, and I'd have to agree. You know people in the army have to exercise such control in training and keep their spaces extra neat and tidy-lessons the distractions, provides a clean working space for them and others who are walking through, shows they are in control of their lives at the moment. People with chaotic or extremely messy rooms rarely are in control in their lives, or maintaining healthy relationships (hoarders anyone?), or are dealing with what they need to deal with. For example, if you have the same pile of dirty clothes in your room for 2 weeks, you aren't dealing with the fact that you need new clean clothes or the responsibility of having to wash them. No one particular likes these tasks but we do them because we need to function. You aren't going to quite function properly, let alone interact well with others if you smell sweaty and gross from wearing the same old thing b/c you refuse to wash. Now my room has been messy all week, and just this morning I decided to put everything back in its place, tidy the rest of the house, get ready and prepared for the week, and I feel literally 100% better and more prepared for life now, then I did just stepping over stuff and nudging things aside trying to find stuff last week.

• Yes, when my room is a mess, things are scattered everywhere, then so is my life.

• My room is super clean- I tidy it up everyday, vacuum it almost everyday and steam my rug twice a week. But my heads a complete mess, in terms of organisation and what I should be doing in life- not emotionally lol.

What Guys Said 17

• Extremely.

If a detective-psycologist trained person were to come in my room (doesn't even have to be well skilled) and observed everything, he'd definitely be able to tell the kind of person i am, what i do and a summary of my life.

- My bed is often unmade or messy
    - I have supplements everywhere (creatine, protein, testosteron lol)
    - My guitar is just lying there on the carpet... plugged into the amp.
    - My pull-up bar is still engaged on the door and my push-up parallets aren't packed away
    - Shaving cream, razors, deodorant can, creams and moisturizers, hair products and blow drier
    - Books, notes textbooks, pens and pencils all over the place
    - chargers all over my working area, laptop
    - Pair of jeans, some socks, shirt and shorts lying on the floor
    - Height measurement meter

What can i say? just a teenage James 😂

I'd like some of you (based on the evidence i've given) to tell me who i am, the type of person i am, my interests and what i do! :) :D

• There's... really not much to see.
    Everything is black and gold.
    http://i.imgur.com/t9o8fAP.jpg

• It is actually. It's a chaotic mess but I know where everything is. Haha it was fun thinking about this.

• My rooms full of bar bells, dumb bells and bench and clean as fu** so yeah

• I love order and cleanliness - My bedroom is a double bed and a build in wardrobe, nothing else, nothing on the walls, bed made. Everything in the wardrobe is folded neatly and in its place.

• Mine used to before I got married and had kids. It used to be organized, clean, modern. Now the wife leaves her shit everywhere. Clothes all over, never makes the bed, she has some jankity ass dresser. Drives me bananas.

I do have an office though that kind of reflects me.

• The scent of masturbation flowing through the atmosphere. Sperm stains the sheets of my soft king sized bed. Iron weight laying all over my tough solid tiles. Dirty, smelly clothes Laying down like zombies. Hardly any visible surface area of tiles in you field of vision

• It can, but not always

• Yes, it's cold and dank.

• My living room does, but my bedroom literally has a bed and egg crate for an end table and that's it.

• It's just a room.

• yes it is boring, just like my life

• The area in which you spend the most time will typically reflect your state of mind.

• I keep my house tidy, especially the kitchen. I hate when the kitchen is a mess.

• not really, i don't care what any stranger would think..

• yeah they also say that about someone's desk.

• My room is barren and empty just like my life.