How do I dress girly but still keep my emoish/skater look?

Like,i wear skinnies all the time,either ballet flats,nike kicks,or converse,and plaid button ups,and a beanie,&&usually a lot of black.How do I girl-ifiy this but still keep my look?

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for girly things that are stuff that's totally not like what you currently wear and make it your own with accessories-- it's ALL about the accessories, like bracelets, rings and necklaces. Go for girly dress, girly heels (but be careful to not go too funky with the heels because then you will step away from a -new- girly look) and the same with the makeup. Certain things should be totally girly and different with -only- HINTS of funky things as mentioned.

What Guys Said 2

• something like this link

with black skinny jeans and a pair of chucks

then lose the benie and styel you hair instead of a hat

• hm, wear a dress with jeans..

What Girls Said 13

• Keep the skinny jeans, keep the flats and the chucks, and you can keep the plaid button ups. Adding a boyfriend cardigan can instantly feminize your look. Try expanding your prints from plaid - animal prints (in small amounts) can make your look fun and not take away from what you're trying to achieve. Go with those prints in something like a flat/heel or belt - never bottoms. If you want to wear your chucks, I usually throw them on with a belted cotton dress. Don't think that you have to wear tons of accessories to be girly. Stick with 2-3 accessories. Overdoing it will look just like that - overdone. Also, try blazers. Nothing too old or boring. 3/4 inch sleeves and boy-cut blazers are definitely in and can enhance even your skinnies, plaid, and flats look. Don't overthink this, and just add a little flair. No bows or sparkles necessary.

• Add hot pink clothing and girly accessories in your hair as well as necklaces or bracelets... like this...

link

Maybe you need to have more scene look ( link ) Like, if you want! :)

Have fun and be you!

• A general rule I have is if the bottom half of your outfit looks kind of boyish, have the top part look girly, or vice versa. As an example, if you wear skinny jeans with chucks, wear a shirt that isn't big, one that shows your girl figure. Or, if you are wearing skinny jeans with flats, wear a plaid shirt or something like that.

• That's how I dress and I am girly. Try getting different cuts of shirts. Like girly vnecks with a lace cami under it, any kind of shirt with a design a girl would wear. I don't really see how you could be ungirly wearing what you say you are wearing. Just try to mix it up with the shirts or change your hair if you want it more girly.

• I get this a lot. People ask me how I do it.

Usually all you could do is wear more jewelery and the key thing is to go out and buy some cute hair accessories.

That always works. Try flowers or bows (:

• You say you wear a lot of black?

Instead of changing what you wear change the colour, reds, greens, blues will keep the emo/skater look but make it less dark.

Or as I do Just wear your shirts with a coloured / colourful strap top underneath.

Hope it's helpful aha

Xx

• wear tight black jeans with flats and use some emoish bracelets and a nice girly but dark tshirt, or you can still wear ur converse with a cute tshirt tucked in to a skirt, or wear white or any light colored shorts with dark colored converse with a black tank top, just mix and match dark colors with light colors and punk/emo with girly stuff,

• wear a pink neon top :)

just a bit of color

• Just choose 'nicer' shirts without losing your sense of style. You can wear some kickass combat boots or just nice shoes. Skinny jeans would go with either. =)

• converses, nice tops and bling bling :)

• add some frills and a bow here or there

• try a plad skirt

• Lose the converse and the kicks. Accessorizing correctly for a more feminine look is what you should go for. The ballet flats are fine. Do girlier shoes, show a little more skin up top (does not have to be cleavage, but a feminine neckline). If you really want to wear tennis shoes, pair them with body conscious skinnies/leggings and a fitted shirt. Remember your necklaces and bracelets. I am not sure if lace is a part of emo style but if you're into that wear that, lace is always very feminine. Heels can instantly add femininity to any outfit.

link

Look at Kristen Stewart's outfit...is that kind of your style or something you would wear? To girl that up a bit I would change the shoes to some feminine flats or even platform heels. Shoes can really change the appeal of an outfit. I could picture Rihanna wearing this very same thing only she probably wouldn't have those atrocious looking socks or the tennis shoes, she would probably wear heels with it for a daytime look.