How short should I cut my hair?

So I have really long hair... I haven't cut it in 3 years and it kinda has no shape. It just hangs down. It's wavy and thick, like this picture:

How short should I cut my hair?

And yeah it's pretty but it is extremely uncomfortable, heavy, and takes long to style. Also, the minute I step outside and the wind blows it's out of shape and looks bad. It also pulls down because of the weight of it and it makes my face look bad and there's no volume.

My face is a long oval shape and I have a long-ish forehead and a baby face, very similar to this:

What hair length/style would be best if I want it to be easy (ish) to manage, style, and suit my face shape? I still want to be able to make braids and tie a ponytail so nothing too short.

3

Most Helpful Girl

• Just cut it as short as you want to! It's your hair. Go crazy!

What Girls Said 2

• Considering its wavy how about shoulder or neck length? It will shape you're face nicely you can even get a bit of light coloured dye in it.

• id say neck length or shoulder length. maybe even a pixie cut could look good