Guys, what's too much makeup?

i hear guys all the time say they like girls who don't wear a lot of makeup. I like makeup, not cause I think I'm ugly without it but cause I like the creative things you can do with it, I have big gray eyes that sometimes have hints of blue and sometimes green with big long eye lashes and I love to dress them up. Smokey eyes look best on me, but sometimes I like to wear two diff darker colors blended together. Or I go for the cat eye look. as far as cover up, I just wear the standard to look more toned and light blush. So what makeup is a good turn on? and why do most say they prefer the natural look is best, I've tried that but creative and mysterious looks best on me.

well I can't say I look like a clown, and I'm not afraid to go out in public without any on. Just wondering if mine sounds like to much or what kinds guys do like with the eyeshadow :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think every girl is pretty natural, but of course you will look better witha bit of make-up. But guys HATE when a girl puts too much make up. Those girls look like plastic and that is disgusting to kiss. Like the teenage girls that puts lots of "dust" in the face?! That's horrible. Just put extra make-up for special occasions or night outs. And just a little bit of make-up for school, work or a normal day. (:

What Guys Said 7

• I think what is a turn off is girls who won't go out without make-up. Sometimes you make extra effort sure, but to go get the milk? Hmmmm. It shows you aren't comfortable in your own skin to a certain extent and I think girls who have the confidence to go without tend to gain a guys respect.

That said when done well of course make-up can look really cool, so as long as you are comfortable with yourself underneath it all then go with it!

• I agree, if you're not confident in the first place, then you can't look good in makeup. Makeup is for enhancing, not covering. And I agree that it's weird when people won't go out without makeup. I mean, if I'm getting groceries or something then there's really no point to wearing makeup.

• No make up please, it's not healthy for the eyes of the admirer.

Over-Creativity causes eye sight problems, too. So please girls, be creative in and on anything in the world but your own freaking skin. Let's put if this way: would you like a guy that uses colors and crap on the face to look "different" and gorgeos?

Unless you were a fan of Avatar.

No offense my lovely ones, I just wanted you to hate the make up thing as a whole.

• Hot is hot is hot, whether or not you're wearing makeup.

• i believe that make up is a mask and hides the tru beauty of a womans face. wen I look at my I don't wanna see a mask I wanna see her. don't get me wrong I don't mind it. but sometimes wearing make up or too much can actually make a woman look ugly.

• if it looks like you could work the streets or you just look very slutty then it is WAYYYY to much, make up should accent you not define you

• It sounds like you have a healthy approach to makeup. I'd say "too much" makeup is when makeup is used in such a way that tries to replace the girl's natural beauty instead of compliment it.

• I love natural looking women, eye shadow is cool, quite hot but orange foundation is a huge nono, worst thing a girl could do to her face.

mad eyelashes are also a bit weird for us

What Girls Said 2

• Ok ok I'm not a guy but I do have guy friends!

I talked to a guy friend of mine about this yesterday. We were talking about the foundation masks that some girls wear. To him that is too much makeup. If you can actually see where the makeup doesn't blend with the skin or if the makeup isn't the same tone as the skin and leaves lines then clearly you have on too much! Oh we also talked about over doing it with blush and bright colors on the eyes. If you look like a clown or like you could be related to one... yeah too much! I totally agree with him too. Make up is to enhance not cover up!

• Usually if your makeup takes more than 5 minutes to apply you're probably putting on too much =)

• Does it take you 5 minutes to shave?

• Umm... revelance? lol... and no it doesn't take me that long to shave. Venus ftw.

• if you look like marge simpson after homer simpson used a paint ball gun to shoot make up on her face, that would mean you're wearing too much make up.