Have you ever had a DIY haircut?

Or u always go to a pro?

Personally I had and I was satisfied wid my results… :D

• done it before and satisfied wid results...
  • done it before and not satisfied...
  • never done it but i'd do...
  • never done it and i wouldn't do it...

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done it before with mixed results...

I used to cut my fringe. Granted, it wasn't fabulous, I can't do layers and stuff but I could get the shape right and it saved me a few pennies.

Nowadays I always go pro though. I have my hair coloured and shaped into funky styles. I just had my hair done today actually - I chopped the hair off one side of my head.

scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...07641064_n.jpg

Wouldn't do that at home yo. My best mate is a hairdresser and has been doing my hair for over 5 years.

• wow u look very sweet... i wonder y u think otherwise... noticed u mention it sometimes... :)

• hahaha... personally i believe u r... ^_^

• Aww thanks for MH!

Most Helpful Guy

• Does #DIY = do it yourself? If so every pic that you've seen me post on here has been my own work ( 360 waves to the hair lining)

Since I trust myself more than a barber + why in the fuck would I pay ___ for some shit that I could do on my own? #WasteOFMoney LOL <3 i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif</a>

• And I also had the ability to take pride in watching my head transform over time (self taught) + how much better I got at it ^_^

• Me too, I just shave it. The shorter you go, the less you can screw up. I Just use the clippers, they have a taper built into it. So yeah I get a nice fade, and it's short so if I mess up you can't really notice it lol.

• @Northeast106 Agreed + like my daddy used to tell me "If you use guard it's almost impossible to mess up" ^_^

What Girls Said 12

• I've trimmed the layers around my face and i've cut my bangs a thousand times. i've never actually really cut length off. i was going to a few months ago but my hair is a little too short to really get a good chunk to hold onto and cut it evenly. lol
    last year i did try to cut some layers using this method
    makeupbydeendal.files.wordpress.com/.../haircut.jpg
    it didn't make a huge difference.

• Sure. I've cut, styled and colored my hair plenty of times. I used to go to the salon, but I'd rather use my money on other things. So I learned how to put layers in myself, I've cut it short, too. It looked good and people asked where I got it done.

• i have done it myself before. I'm not that bad but i prefer to get them to do it.

• I did it on my sister - she looked amazing!
    But it wasn't completely straight - kind of choppy but still looked awesome. I haven't cut my own hair because I'm not sure how that would look. Or how I would even go about it. Hahaha

• I have cut my own hair a few times, when it was longer and I just wanted a trim. I cut it once when it was short and it looked absolutely horrible and I will never do it again. I go to a pro now. I don't mind spending the $20 every 6-8 weeks for a cut. I don't go to expensive salons. I do not see the point in spending that much on a haircut, but $20 is no big deal.

• I barely go to a pro to cut my hair.. Only in occasions, my mom does it for me most of the time 😄 I still didn't cut it myself though as I'm afraid to turn myself into a clown 😆 for now I will stay on the safe side lol 😁

• never done it. and i never will.. lol

• I've done it when my hair was long and very satisfied with it. But now that my hair is really short i prefer to get a professional do it for me every month

• My bangs are the only thing I dare to cut myself. My hair is too straight to not notice when I mess up my hair.

• have u ever tried dark red color?

• I think I've tried but had to wash it off less than 5 mins later because it was burning my scalp. I don't think it worked xD

• aw... :/

• my hair is too unruly for a full-blown DIY haircut
    although i have cut my own bangs on a few occasions

• I cut my own bangs..

• Yes I took the scissors to it then buzzed what was left off.

• really? did u buzz yer hair?

• Yea I was 15 in a bad way, mad at the world hated my waist length hair. So yes ended up less then an inch long.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes. I've shaved my head quite a few times, and I've also given myself a military buzz-cut once and it actually looked good.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6417f55cd6.jpg

• The last time I did a DIY haircut was when I was about 7 the week before my first communion, my mam nearly killed me LoL.

• Aye. I shave it myself. Thank Christ I don't have to go through all that 'hair dressing' rigmarole! I don't think my mother, or in fact, any woman I have ever known, has ever been to one, and come back happy, despite having just parted with ¬£50+.

• Some girls back when I still went to school
    some girls taught me a certain way to do ones own hair.

Been doing it myself this way since. ^.^

• I think it's probably 2 years or so that I last went to a professional hair cut. It usually takes less time for me to do it myself with a hair clipper, trimmer and a back view mirror and looks more or less like a pro cut (my friends were never able to distinguish). There are so many you tube videos which show how. It could be tricky first few times (especially at the back), but, then on, it's just easy.

• Yes I had cut my own hair and had to go right to the barber the next day

• No I haven't, I prefer the barber cut my hair as I like to sit back and relax while my hair is being cut.

• I've never given myself a full cut, the most is take care of the beard and a shape up.

• No thanks, either it's done by a pro or I don't bother.
    That's what I love about capitalism, if there is something you can't do you can always hire someone that's a pro at it.

• I've cut my own hair before was surprised how well I did