Can dyeing your hair too much permanently damage your hair?

i have naturally thick and curly hair and I've been dying it since I was in 9th grade, 19 now, recently my hair feels like it's been thinning out like to the max I feel the back of my head now when I run my fingers through my hair, when before I couldn't feel it because of my thick hair, and my side bangs usually would be full of volume and it'd sometimes be too puffy to the point it'd just put my hair up but now it's so thin I tease it a bit with my fingers so it wouldn't look too flat, how do I make my hair go back to the way it was? 😭 really regretting dying it so many times.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is probably best to give it break for a while and next time you are in hairdresser quiz them for professional advice on how to proceed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dying hair constantly can certainly damage it. I would recommend letting it be for a while. Grow it out to your natural color and keep getting it trimmed as well as conditioning it. Be careful with applying heat to it (blow drying and straightening) since heat can damage hair as well.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, obviously.

• I wouldn't recommend doing it your self let a pro do it! :)

• Yes I have heard about dyeing actually damaging hair quality...

• Unfortunately yes, it can. You probably need to trim it and start growing your virgin hair from the scratch. I am thinking of doing the exact same thing. I can't deal with dyeing my hair any longer.

• well of course