Girls, How high should a boot come up on my calf?

When shopping for boots, they have low boots (Booties), Mid Boots, and High Boots. Is there a "rule of thumb" about which boot height to wear with which outfit, or is it just personal preference?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• in my opinion Booties and Mid rise is more versatile. But it's mostly personal preference.

The only rule there is for boots is that you wear them with skinny fit pants. There should be no "loose-pants-stuffed-in" action going on there.
    In Booties it is best to fold the pants upward or wear pants that end short over the bootie like this:
    www.fashionbelieve.com/.../...ots-Outfit-Ideas.jpg

What Girls Said 5

• With skirts and dresses you can wear any boots you like, as long as there is some skin visible over the top of the boot. You can wear booties with the trousers untucked, like regular shoes, or tucked in, but this only looks good with skinny jeans and leggings. Mid boots and high boots look best with the pants tucked in, as well

• Personal preference for the most part. I would avoid boots that go over the knee, in any case. It's really really weird to feel your knees rubbing together.

• Personal preference, but really the ones that are the most versatile and timeless and look the best are the ones that end *just* before the knee.

• It's mainly a personal preference. I prefer boots that end just before your knee.

• personal preference.