What do you do with dried out hair?

My hair is originally soft and shiny but I ruined it with blow drying A LOT and now it dry and damaged .. did any of you have such an experience ? and if so, what did you do to fix it? I used to use olive oil on my scalp and hair before showering but then I heard from some people that ir dries hair out even more so I stopped but then I heard again from other people that it is good so I started using it again, I keep it on for around 15 mins before showering. So I need to know, is it good or not? and what about eggs and mayonnaise? they say they're really good for dried out hair. are they? and if they too are good, which should I use for my hair? olive oil or eggs or mayonnaise? or should I use them all?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not just buy a good quality conditioner. The thing to remember even with the stuff you are putting in your hair a lot of shampoos have SLS which is a a strong detergent and can causing your hair to dry out because it strips the hair of natural oils. So start by using products (shampoo and conditioners) with out SLS,. I like the products from Sensible Addictions they have salon quality products and great fragrances (for women and men). If you have thin hair I would try their Hemp Shampoo otherwise the Aloe is great. Also I would consider using a leave in conditioner to start then switch to a regular conditioner. You can find Sensible Addictions on the web sensibleaddictions. Try their stuff I think you will like them.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• First thing, you should get a trim. If you have a lot of split ends, getting them cut off would help. Also, use hydrating shampoo and conditioner. It'll help make your hair shinier and smoother and back to its original state. As for the egg and stuff, I've never used anything, so if you want to try them, I'd reccomend going to the person who cuts your hair and asking them what they think. Hope this helped :)

• moisturizer

olive oil is good for hot oil treatments