Why do people assume girls who wear make up are not as a good person as a girl who doesn't?

I have a fair amount of guy friends who say that girls who wear make up are shallow and too high maintenance. And I don't thinks that's a fair assumption. I wear make up and I don't consider myself shallow or high maintenance.
The reason to why I wear make up is because I feel like I'm taking care of myself more.
i don't think the personality of a person is reflected on wether they wear make up or not

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there is a stereotype that if a women uses so much makeup that she looks like a clown, she is probably a slut/bimbo.

But must guys I know much prefer girls that wear some make up! I like a girl who wears some make up often. I especially it when girls use thin black eyeliner. It makes their eyes stand out. And if there is one physical feature that makes me fall in love with a girl, it's her eyes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys who say that are intimidated and can't get hot girls. I always see th with less attractive women. They need to put down women who care about their looks in order to feel better about not being able to pull one

What Guys Said 3

• Perhaps it's a difference of opinion, to those boys girls who wear makeup are "shallow and too high maintenance" you obviously have a different standard then they do.

Also makeup has nothing to do with taking care of your self, it's actually bad for you health if anything. Makeup is worn to hide flaws and is usually done in a way that sends false signals of sexual arousal to the men who see it. This will have an unconscious effect on their emotions, your behavior will not match the "signals your sending" and from their perspective you may come across as to high maintenance or fake or shallow.. in other words a manipulator.

• It is an unfair assumption I agree. But it is not without basis. You see, it is impossible for a woman to be high maintenance and NOT wear makeup. You therefore, get lumped in with high maintenance girls while non makeup wearing females get a pass.

• I think that is a leap that some people make - The wearing or not wearing of make up is a fashion choice - A girl can have an high maintenance personality regardless of their clothing/makeup choice.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, I don't think that is fair. I choose to not wear make-up because it is so hard to put on and I'm more of a tomboy, but I don't think any less of girls who do wear makeup. I just feel natural beauty is more important and make-up shouldn't be worn as often as it is.

• I've never heard this, but if they do say this I think they mean Kyle Jenner and Kim Kardashian level of makeup - way too much.
    A normal amount isn't abnormal.

• I never heard of such faulty logic