I'm going to a formal dinner in a few weeks and plan on wearing a strapless dress, I'm a small 34B cup. Should I buy a strapless bra or go braless?

For those who think I should wear a bra, do you have a recommendation for a good comfortable one?

Most Helpful Guy

• Braless, definitely. I can't speak from personal experience of course (!) but every girl I've known well enough to know their opinion on strapless bras has hated them - they seem universally uncomfortable, ineffective and end the evening in a handbag. From a guy's perspective I'd add that they also create an ugly shape, usually with some sort of grotesque crease or dent across the chest, and because they're tight they also create ugly lines and bulges even on the slimmest of women. They are, in short, rubbish. :)

Conversely, wearing a dress that precludes the wearing of a normal bra and is not ruined by an ugly strapless bra is a very confident, attractive and sexy look - it's 100% a Good Thing. So definitely go with that, if the dress is lined then happy days, if it's not lined and you're not comfortable with the possibility of the world discovering that you have nipples (shock! horror!) just buy some nipple covers/pasties to cover up (they're little stick-on flower shapes specifically for the purpose. Or if you're on a budget or just cheap, use band aids!).

Key point though - formal event, great dress, no bra, you'll look stunning. Have a great night! :)

What Guys Said 6

• My first thought was what mateiral the dress was - The strapless bra seems to be uncomfortable - Pasties seems to be the way forward.

• Well, you're a B, so you still have some shape to your breasts. I'd say unless your dress has some kind of built in support, strapless should be OK. I'm sure your date would appreciate you going braless.

• go with the bra, it is a formal event

• go bra less, let him get excited by your small perky breasts

• How about a bustier instead?

• If you're wearing a strapless dress, you should PROBABLY wear a strapless bra, or no bra at all

What Girls Said 12

• Strapless bras are honestly such a pain in the ribcage. If you can get away with it then definitely go braless. You can do as they do in Hollywood and tape up the important bits to keep everything in place. Just don't use anything too strong, you don't want to be ripping off skin at the end of the night.

• depends on the dress, if it is thin you need a bra or I tend to go for the adhesive bra's :) then you dont have to worry about them digging in or anything :) x

• I tries a stick on one from Target. I had one from VS before that (I call them sticky boobs). Didn't work too good. It kinds depends on the dress, but you'll probably end up going without. I wouldn't wast the money on sticky boobs

• You could try using one of those clear straps-bra. It will be more discret and probably more comfortable.
    Here's a link:
    www.amazon.com/.../ref=nb_sb_noss

• hmm... id still wear the strapless bra if i were u. it'd just give your figure a little more shape.
    this is a formal event after all and you do wanna look nice and 'structured' rather than... free. lol.

• I would go braless if you can. I got these little nude colored petal shaped stickies from American apparel so my nips don't show through anything haha you can use them up to 20 times I believe so I would suggest that if you're concerned at all!

• I would go braless with some tape for when you bend over and pasties for your nips in case it gets cold:)

• It's totally up to you, but from another small B cup my opinion is that you don't need it. Formal dresses are usually made of fairly thick or at least not seethrough material amd designed to wear with no bra, so you should be fine.

• If I were you I'd go with a adhesive bra. They r more comfortable, covers the nips and can give great cleavage. 😀

• braless is allways best

• Get those gel cups that stick to your skin from body heat

• get a strapless bra.