Why would anyone want to rent clothing?

It seriously sounds like the dumbest crap ever. I don't understand why someone would pay a monthly fee to rent clothes that other people have worn out, it seems gross and stupid. If you really liked that shirt, why wouldn't you just go and buy a new one that you get to keep?

Okay, I'm talking about normal everyday clothes. I know people rent suits and fancy dresses, that's fine because it's for a couple days tops and those things are crazy expensive. But normal clothing? C'mon.

Most Helpful Guy

• It actually make sense to me because I have known people who buy clothes, wear it a few times then leave it at the back of the wardrobe - Obviously clothes are clean and well maintained, you should get a few rental periods out of it - It might not work for everyday stuff but maybe more expensive designer gear.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have used www.girlmeetsdress.com loads of times.

I pick an outfit, dress and accessories I want, they send them to me, I wear out on a Saturday night, feel a million dollars in my chosen outfit etc.

Put it all back in the box; attach the return label, drop off at the post office (free post) and forget all about it.

Saves me buying another dress , I get to wear something different every time I go out, no dry cleaning, no last minute rush around the shops.

I will say I don’t use this every time I go out, just if I see a dress I ‘just have to wear’ and want to feel great.

I personally don't care if the dress has been worn a thousand time before me, as long as it's in perfect condition and clean (which they always are)

What Guys Said 3

• Hek no, I would not want to rent clothing. You don't know what people have done with it. The number of others peoples farts that the fabric has soaked up LOL, they could have masturbated in it and if they have any kind of skin issues or skin sores you could catch them.

• That's what I'm thinking too! If I want clothes I'll save some extra money for a bit and go shopping for NEW ones. When I don't like my clothes anymore or they don't fit- off to charity they go.

• Yes. I try to buy good quality clothes so they last. For me it has been worth doing that. They also fit your body better and look better. I have also been told a few times now not to put jeans in the washing machine.

• You can rent a suit for a job interview for example, likewise I think renting a wedding dress is quite common as they are rather expensive. I haven't heard about anyone renting clothes for months. It's always just about a single occasion (think Halloween) in my opinion.

• No, that's normal. I'm talking about people renting everyday type clothing.

• She is your possession.

• @Roostah OK, you finished now?

• 😀🙈 I don't know

What Girls Said 4

• I've never heard of renting clothing, other than renting formalwear, like suits. Which makes sense, because you wouldn't wear those often, and they're expensive.

• I'm talking about normal clothing, like what you wear every day. I think it's common knowledge that people rent special occasion outfits.

• Then I'm not sure what you're talking about, I've never heard of everyday clothing rentals. The only other thing I can think of is people renting clothes for modelling and photo shoots.

• Well, it's definitely a thing.

• I've never heard of this? where did you see that?

• It's everywhere on my browser ads and stuff. Looked like a cool site to buy clothing but nope, you're supposed to rent it. Then I googled it and found out that it's a pretty popular thing and I'm like - 'ew'.

• that sounds so dumb!

• That's just dumb sorry