How can I look older?

I'm nearly 16 (in 7 days) but everyone tells me that i look like I'm 14. I dress like every other girl at my age and i wear makeup too. I've never had a boyfriend bc the guys I like ( mostly 2 years older) always think I'm too young. I' m 5ft 3inch tall but I'm the shortest in my class. I always try to walk in heels but it looks so terrible.

Can you help me? How can i look older?

Guys sometimes even tell me that i look immature
Could be right but it always takes me a lot of time to get drinks when I'm out with the girls while they get them without any problems and they're younger than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mature hairstyles (just look up elegant easy hairstyles) also wear classy clothing and no colors like hot pink because unless you're wearing something that's super sexy it just makes you look like a little kid, its not enough to dress like every other girl at your school you need to step it up. It might also help to do your makeup in a different way maybe if you tell me how you do it now I can offer some suggestions. Also I am 5ft 3in too and sneaker wedges are my holy grail. Right now I only have 2 pairs and they're both in black but you could always buy more and I don't use them daily because I have many pairs of shoes and I like to switch it up but you can wear them on the daily if you want. They are incredibly easy to walk in and feel almost exactly like sneakers. I also have the same problem of being unable to walk naturally in heels and instead have choppy short steps or long strides in which I look way too concentrated on trying to keep my balance. I had the fortune of my sneaker wedges being extremely comfortable too so I was super happy about that.

• I love sneaker wedges 😍

When i put on foundation, bronzer for contouring bc i have a round face, eyeliner and mascara

• Your makeup routine seems like it should work miracles if you're trying to look older so it sounds like the only things you need to keep in mind are in my answer above. I hope it helps you achieve the look you want to!:P

What Guys Said 4

• It's all about perspective. To me there is no difference between a 14 and a 16 year old girl, she looks too young either way. I guess this is not very helpful but what I mean is, in a few years you will not care about that anymore or even better you will be glad you look younger than you are. So stop making a fuss about it ;)

• I accidently updated the question but it should be the answer to your opinion 😅

• Haha OK, well yeah that's an issue now I guess. But for example I was incredibly satisfied when I was asked for my ID at 25. It also happened to be the last time I was asked. Don't worry too much about it, you will make up for it later ;)

• Sometimes an impression of age is how you are - What I mean is your attititude - When you are out think I am no different than the rest of the girls - 5'3" is a good height, don't worry about heels if they are comfortable, better to be confident in low shoes than unsteady in high shoes.

• You will like looking younger when you are my age. Don't worry about it.

• You cannot change your appearance to look "older." Behavior speaks for itself, if you behave as though you were older, people would think that you were older than you looked.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you can try changing your hairstyle. The way you wear your hair can sometimes make a difference.