Why is it socially unacceptable for even attractive, fit men to wear short shorts?

Updates:
Ok, let me be more clear... I'm wondering about the cultural mechanism behind the fact that short shorts for men are considered those with ~6 inch inseams and the vast majority of mens shorts, in the US at least, are knee length or longer. At the same time, there are a plethora of ladies shorts with 2-3" inseams. I'm not interested in why any individual chooses to wear what he does. Rather I'm wondering about the social paradigm that is at work here.

0|0
4|7

Most Helpful Girl

• Because showing that much leg/skin is something society says only women do and it's demeaning for a man to imitate a woman.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Because men are absolutely terrified they might accidentally do a gay, and then have to spend the rest of their lives giving blowjobs in a men's restroom, which is completely absurd, but so is society

2|2
    0|0
  • I think its hot

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it is.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I dont wear them, cause my legs aren't nice enough, and are extremely hairy lol!

But, on a societal level, it has to do with being afraid of being identified as a homosexual due to your choice of clothing

0|1
    0|0
  • There is a user here - I think he is a hiker - He wears short shorts and he has a great pair of legs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because girls are afraid of male sexuality and want restrict it

1|0
    0|0
  • If that doesn't answer your question, I don't know what does? :P

media.collegetimes.com/.../shorts-too-short.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • because their balls tend to hang out

0|0
    0|1
  • The social paradigm there is called homophobia.

0|0
    0|1
  • It's because he'll never have any women interested in them so nobody chooses to wear them.

0|0
    0|1