Is it wrong to ask my boyfriend for a black sapphire ring for my birthday?

We've only been together for 6 months but I have him an excellent birthday. I just want something to remind me of him and I don't want him wasting money on something I don't want.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he had that within his budget range - It is okay to ask

• It is less about money and more about is it okay to hint. I'd rather that than a pursue or something else. Kind of like if he is getting you flowers and you know it so you strongly hint at what kind you want.

But men don't often realize the hint of your favorite flowers. But it's like if you spend a lot of money on a gift I hope it is something I like. I just want to look at it and think of him.

• That is what I meant if you knew he was going to spend around that much it is acceptable to hint.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. You're asking for what you want. As long as it's in his price range, that's fine.

What Guys Said 1

• How expensive

• Does that matter? It is relative to income. We had a $400 dinner on his birthday that I we happy to pay for.

• Ok then it's fine

What Girls Said 7

• Yes its wrong because that will cost at least $400 - $600 dollars and you have only been together for 6 months. That would be an appropriate gift after 2-6 years of dating but not 6 months.

• I spent $400 on dinner for his birthday and $250 on cigars.

• Is it possible? As in does he have the money?
    Sounds too expensive for someone you've been dating for 6 months. Sounds more like an engagement ring to me.

• don't ask him for anything. you could just say to him that you saw it and you plan to buy it, and let him decide

• If it's within reason.

• Sure if you want to be his ex soon go ahead and ask him directly. Why not just hint at it

• If he has the money and if you're comfortable hinting him, then go for it.

• go for it!