Should guys "have to" wear heels to look good sometimes too?

By "have to" I obviously don't mean be forced too, but we all know that there are definitely some times when women are often percieved as being a lot more attractive when wearing heels.

The question is, should guys be expected to/expect to wear heels on some occasions? Not sky-high stilletos, neccessarily. I don't want to interject my opinion too much in here, but probably no one should be expected to ruin their feet for fashion's sake. Do you think men should wear heels of reasonable height, let's say like 2-4", or something in that range since it's right in the middle.

If you would like to elaborate in the comments, of course, be my guest.

• Yes, men should wear heels more often. In fact, men should wear heels as often or nearly as often as women.
  • Yes, they should only at formal events or when going out.
  • No,

Most Helpful Girl

• Didn't they wear heels before though? ^_<
    www.todayifoundout.com/.../Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg

Well, I don't know how would that make men more attractive. Just because it make them look taller? I mean there are shoes for men that make them taller but they are high from the front too. So doesn't that fulfill the purpose?

Most Helpful Guy

• It kills me that people forget that heels were invented by men FOR MEN. Since height was a status symbol aristocrats would wear them to elevate themselves higher than commeners. Women adopted this and then further exaggerated the height of the heel over time. Men's shoes took the opposite turn and settled into a slightly lower less aggravating height. Nevertheless All shoes these days have heightened heels except some running shoes you just don't pay attention to them.

What Girls Said 4

• If you want to, go for it. Should it be required? No. Heels were originally made for men.

• Huh, that would be considered cross- dressing...

• You should be wearing men's dress shies for proper formal occasions...

• not at all.

What Guys Said 6

• FUN FACT
    Robert Downey JR. had to wear heels in a movie because of his height
    www.myliftkits.com/.../rdj-im2.jpg

• Why I'm alright 6 feet tall?

• I think it will have the opposite affect on women if men started to ware heels

• platform shoes are the right ones

• Heeled shoes yeah, but to actually wear heels, unless you're a cross dresser, no

• I say no because my girlfriend is shorter than me.