I'm 5' 11". Is this a turn off for guys? And why?

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'11 is a reasonable height. As long as you "love the skin your in" you'll be fine. People tend to think that physical factors outweigh others. Personally I like a woman that is around 5'6-5'9

~ Ciao Bella

What Guys Said 24

• Height is a non-issue with me. I'd date a girl who was 4'11" just as easily as I would a girl who was 6'11"

• I'm 6'0" so I'm good with it. I dated a girl that was two inches taller than me, I didn't care. If someone is worth your time, the other stuff doesn't matter.

It's when the person changes their personality, or their outlook is when you have to worry.

• As someone who is 6'6" I have yet to meet a girl taller than me, but it doesn't seem to me that height should matter that much. While it is always nice to be with a girl with a height closer to me, I find short girls no less attractive for it.

• no, I don't find that too tall. Although, I am rather short...

• There's only one thing better than looking up into a tall girl's eyes.

• Oh yeah, guys really hate the tall, tanned and skinny supermodel look you've got going on. You're joking though, right?

• it is for me and its twice the torn off is you have hardly any female form or none at all. I am 5'8 so it is demasculating and I am self conscious about my height already. but I also prefer girls to be like 4'8 so that has something to do with it to.

• tall girls are hot. true story.

• Guys aren't as shallow about height as girls are. I'd feel like a celebrity with a tall girlfriend.

• DAMN, ARE You A MODEL? IF SO HIT ME UP LOL IM A PHOTOGRAPHER

• well...

actually tall girlz are hot but don't expect guys who are shorter than you to go and talk to you because they're not gonna

but tall guys will fall in love with you from the first sight !

• Im 5'6" tall and this might seem against the norm but I perfer taller girls and 5'11" tall is perfect for me!

• Nope, I am 6feet 1inch so you are shorter than me, which means your good to go lol. And your pics you are very beautiful and sexy, so you have nothing to worry.

• Nope, tall guys don't mind and shorter guys are fin so long as it doesn't bother you.

• i love tall women.

but a lot of my guy friends aren't too keen on them...

and 5'11" ain't too tall.

• id date you if you did not mind shorter guys I'm 5'7 but I make up for my hight some where else

• Not at all. You're still a lot shorter than me.

• I don't pay attention to the length of a girl. But for some guys it might be a turn off as they are smaller then you. I however fall most of the time for a girls face and I don't care about her length. I'm 1.85 m which is about 6'1 I think.

• ive dated a girl that was 5'10 I'm only five 5'9 she didn't mint and neither did i. if I ever got in a fight she could back me up lol

• i like taller girl's cause I'm on the taller side 6'2.

• height shouldn't be an issue, a guy will like you for who you are not your size

• I like taller and I'm 5'11"

• 5'11" you would be great in bed doing 2 things at the same time.

• I'm taller that you so it's ok. :)

• no it wouldn't be a turn off to me

ps if that's you in the picture your a very cute girl

• Giving the thumbs down to people who try to compliment you, eh?

What Girls Said 11

• My boyfriend said he likes tall women--the taller, the better! He's 6'5" though and wants someone he can 69 with (sadly not me). Make sure you're confident. Don't let your anxieties about height get in the way. Remember, models are all that height or taller! :)

• Where to start?...I'm 6ft tall. I've been that height since Junior High and I'm turning 28 in a couple of months. In my experience, the younger the guy the more likely it is that they will have an issue with your height. That's pretty much based on two things (which men have told me themselves)---maturity and inexperience. The older men get, specially once they reach the mid 20's the less likely they are to feel intimidated by your height. The reason for that is that they've have figured out what they are attracted to in a female and have by this point developed enough self-esteem in their own looks to not feel intimidated by your height. The older male population, views height in a female as a very attractive trait...think supermodels...legs for days. The height attraction is so powerful in fact that men will spot you from a distance regardless of how "thin- or not" you are. My advice, embrace your height with pride because there are so many men that would love to be arm in arm. I actually wear heels...as frequently as I can...lol, specially when the guys are my height or shorter...it reminds them that I'm confident and that they have a nice climb ahead...lol. In the beginning, if your guy is not too confident about the height thing...just remind him that its alright, that you don't mind carrying a step stool around for him and that you'll work very hard to get him spice girls platform shoes with dead goldfish for Christmas. That usually gets them to relax and if that doesn't work...feel free to point out that their height is an advantage for them in the naughty dept.

• to some yea, but don't take it personal. 5'11 is tall for a girl but average height for a guy, so if they are shorter then that they probably have some sort of insecurity about their own height. I wouldn't take it personal

• I am 6'0" and yes, sometimes it can be a little intimidating towards guys, especially during the highschool years. I take it you are no longer in highschool but sometimes it takes men a little longer to grow up. There are however a lot of men who prefer taller women, probably because of our long legs :) Don't worry about your height, wear it with confidence and that will shine through your lengthy exterior and men will note you for your beautiful personality.

• My best friend is 5'11 and she gets a lot of attention from guys. I wouldn't worry about it.

• me 2

• i am in the same exact boat as you! guys seem like they are scared of me because of my height...

• i think it depends on the guy...i been left before because I was taller thn my boyfriend he was real short tho I mean I'm only 5'3 lol yeah but ur prob really pretty I think tall girls are gurgeuos

• I won't consider 5'11" 'too tall:) I'm 5'4" lol

• Not really. Is good to be tall.

• no...try 6'5, THEN you can say you are tall...when everyone is staring at you and asking you how tall you are and if you play basketball, luckily I do, only because I am tall tho...and a lot of guys (some that won't admit it) are intimidated by taller girls and too insecure, but then there is a few that will