Do you know what a cardigan and camisole are?

• Yes
  • No
My boyfriend gets upset and confused when I use these words.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Oh for heaven's sake. There almost isn't a more man, man, manly, manlier piece of clothing than a Cardigan sweater.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Cardigan.jpg
    From Wikipedia:

"The cardigan was named after James Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan, a British Army Major General who led the Charge of the Light Brigade at the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War. It is modelled after the knitted wool waistcoat that British officers supposedly wore during the war."

The whole point of the buttoned design was to enable a soldier to don or doff the garment without removing his helmet.

Tell that to your boyfriend.

• Could be an age thing - I knew straight away

• This is definitely an age thing. Males born after (or possibly even during) the 90s are unlikely to know what these items are exactly without some kind of contact w/females that wear them.

• @PonyCar he is 32..

• How is it possible that ANYONE voted no? I want to ask if people know what pants are and see who answers no to that.

• Cardigan - a type of knitted garment that has an open front. Commonly cardigans have buttons: a garment that is tied is instead considered a robe. A more modern version of the garment has no buttons and hangs open by design
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../cardigan.jpg

Camisole -a woman's loose-fitting undergarment for the upper body, typically held up by shoulder straps and having decorative trimming.
    images.bloomingdales.com/.../1206371_fpx.tif

Well I guess you learn something new everyday

• Of course I do. A cardigan is kind of like a sweater, right?
    And a camisole is a loose, thin shirt.

• "Pull over!"
    "No it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing."
    "Pull your vehicle to the side of the road!"

• is that like french for kim kardashian? -.- no but seriously no idea

• Lol yea i got a couple

• What is that?

• Under tee and button up sweater.

• I have a general idea. Guys don't wear them so it's like, dude, just say something we do recognize, ya know?

What Girls Said 3

• I better know what they are , I work in a back of clothing store doing shipment lol. Honestly, though I don't know a lot of technical terms for clothes. Like, a cardigan is basically a sweater and that's what I call it. A camisole is basically a tank top and that's what I call it but now working at clothing store, I now have to be more in turned to the technical terms for them. But, yes I do know what they are.

• I don't know what a camisole is. But I know what a cardigan is. Then again, English is my 3rd language so...

• Lol! Guys are so cute when it comes to girl clothes haha

• Yeah I understand they are silly and confusing words. I'm like babe help me find my camisole and he hand me the cardigan so proud. It is cute and I love him.