Why do British girls wear sooooo much makeup?

I just came back from England. I was there for a while and I've noticed that the girls there really pound on the makeup. Why is this?

Please if you're gonna go all PC on me, don't answer. Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually thought it was an international thing but now you mention it, you are right.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's their culture or they got sucked in by the adverts

What Guys Said 6

• To compensate for the lack of paint on brick houses

• It really depends on what part of the country you're in.
    I know some girls do but most wear it it moderation...

• Because they are all news anchors, seriously why does every news station save Fox seem to have female British news anchors.

• Same in Ireland lol

• probably make up is a basic necessity there

• Like so much else in the UK it depends on your social class. The lower their class the more makeup they wear. As you say, the average is higher than in the US but it's working class Brits where it's most noticeable.

What Girls Said 5

• I thought only London girls pound on the makeup? Or at least that's what the media told me lol or was it Liverpool?

• Both. I've never seen anything like that before :/

• I have no idea. But when I visited Japan the girls there were the same way. Probably just a popular culture thing.

• Maybe because they like it?

• Im pretty sure its not a "british thing" When i lived in the UK i saw some girls who wore loads of makeup and others who didn't wear any at all

• You're wearing tons of makeUp

• And? Why do you even care how much makeup people choose to wear lol you have too much time on your hands..

• hiding , shy, decpetion