Is being easy to read a bad thing? (body language I guess?)

If a girl thinks that your extremely easy to read, in terms of body language and facial expressions...is that a bad thing?

Personally, I've had a girl tell me that could tell that I liked her before I said anything. She seemed rather narcissistic about her ability to read others, and even though she was right about me liking her, she didn't say anything else about me that was "obvious" when I asked her about it. When I asked her to tell me what else she was able to gather from my usual body language around her, she just said "wouldn't you like to know lol". We have been pretty good friends for about 2 years now.

Not sure if that's a bad thing or not...made me feel like I was an open book to her, and she tries to be the opposite of that herself. Not sure if girls like her are attracted to people who are "easy to read" like me. I honestly have nothing but good intentions and I don't lie or anything to her...thought that was something everyone wanted xD. She indirectly made it seem like it's a bad thing to be open and easy to deal with, even though she's constantly talked about how she hates people who hide stuff from her and lie.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your question made me laugh (in a good way) because, as a psychology student, I meet soooo many people like this. For some reason, some people just really get a kick out of thinking they can "figure out" other people so easily- gives them a sense of control, I assume.

Her statement actually tells you more about HER than about you. She's trying to express her intelligence without directly telling you that she's smart. She likes to keep people on their toes and feel like she can predict and possibly change other people at her own will, yet hold onto her own mystery by saying things like "Wouldn't you like to know." I think she's also trying to lead you into telling her you like her without asking outright, which is an approach I have always disliked because it seems shady to me for some reason.

But to answer your question, some people are simply easier to read than others, and that is certainly not a bad thing. The type of girl you would WANT a relationship with will appreciate your honesty and openness.

• I thank you for your advice. I makes me feel more at ease about myself and the situation altogether. I told her that I liked her before she talked to me about all this stuff though. The only comment she had was that she was still fried from all the drama in her last relationship and just wasn't ready. I told her I didn't expect anything from her and that I was just relaying a feeling. Since then she has been talking to me more about stuff like this...hasn't told me her feelings persay.

What Girls Said 2

• in order to read someone you have to be paying close attention and if this is the only girl that's has admitted this to you then maybe maybe she's been paying close attention to you and she has had the same feelings for you.

otherwise I think everyone whose not trying to intentionally hide their emotions, have moments in which they are easy to read, at least that way people don't have to guess your feelings, or try and read your mind right.

• i love guys that's easy to read so I'm not haveing to play games with him if I like him.

What Guys Said 2

• It's a great thing for the people that pay attention. We can see your pain or happiness shine through - which means your being real. Here's the catch 22, your being predictable if she can see it at all times. If you are completely happy and standing up straight while in relationships, she will catch on to that and know when you are in a relationship; while if you are grumpy and she knows your single - she will trace that and understand.

So as you can see- being "easy to read" has it's ups and downs, just like anything else in life- but if you really like this girl, try things with her. It shows to me that you feel something for her because of your statement:

"I honestly have nothing but good intentions and I don't lie or anything to her...thought that was something everyone wanted xD. She indirectly made it seem like it's a bad thing to be open and easy to deal with, even though she's constantly talked about how she hates people who hide stuff from her and lie."

- In this paragraph your indirectly saying that she doesn't like liers, and your not one. There is a little confusion as to why you and she aren't together from what you stated (In your own heart and soul). So what I'm saying, is to strive towards interacting with her but don't actually "TRY" to be with her.

Questions? Concerns?

~ ArtistBBoy

• Can you read people artistbboy?

• Well... Here's the catch 22- Even though she likes you and she can read you (when she hates liars especially), doesn't make an actual attraction. So the fact that she may be able to understand who you are and where you come from- doesn't provide the grounds for a relationship.

Try to interact with her on a non-sexually (but intimate) level. So go out there and take her rollerblading, then when you fall and she collapses on you- laugh with her and tickle her a little bit- then offer-

• (continued)- her your hand (back to her feet). If she accepts your offer to take her hand, you know she trusts you. If you are receiving things happening throughout the night (she accepts your hand, or otherwise) then continue your interaction- walk her home like it's the end of the night, but talk to her about how you should be a stuntman because you wiped out epically. You want her to FEEL the attraction - you don't want her to know it exists. Just knowing doesn't apply the attraction.

• Some might think you aren't enough of a challenge... but a lot of women like to know what guys are thinking and where they are at, everything always has pros and cons no matter what... In this case I'd say the pros would out weigh the cons, because I don't think there's much wrong with being expressive.