Problem with hair dying?

OK my girlfriend thinks I'm over reacting because I love her natural hair color (blond) and I don't want her to change it. She said because she loves me so much shell respect my wishes and won't do it but then like a day later she's right back on it even though she promises she wont. We've fought bout it like 4 times now.. She keeps lying saying she won't do it again but she always ends up trying again.. I don't know am I over reacting? Am I supposed to just let her do what she wants? Even though I don't like it? Because something she really likes to tell me is. "I thought you loved me for me not your hair color" but when I think about it she has blond hair and I love that part of her not what she's trying to change into.. Am I wrong? Please help me I'm confused..

Most Helpful Girl

• i think she should stop promising to do/not do something, when she knows she won't keep the promise. she's obviously just saying to get out of a fight.

that being said, I've never let a boyfriend tell me how I should dress, look, dye my hair, or anything like that. I think it's great that you love her natural hair color, but it is her hair and she can wear it/dye it any way she wants. she is not changing herself as a person, she's doing something she likes doing. does she tell you what kinds of clothes to wear, how to do your hair, etc? would you like that? you might not mind perhaps, some guys don't mind their gfs picking out a shirt or something, but clearly she minds the hair thing.

overall I think arguing about hair color is dumb. unless she dyes it like neon green and pink or something, in which case I'd be annoyed. but I see you're in high school, and well, high school kids have dumb tastes sometimes. I've never done those colors (actually, I've never dyed my hair to begin with), but every single friend I've had that's done those sorts of things has looked back and been like wtf was I thinking? how could anyone think this is cool/attractive? so it's a phase that jsut needs to be grown out of.

if she just dyes it regular colors, well, once again it is her hair, and it's one thing to tell her you love her natural hair, it's another to insist she not dye it. I don't agree with that. I also think, like I said before, that it's wrong of her to break promises, even about things as trivial as hair dying.

overall, I think you two should just stop discussing this topic. fighting over hair color... does it not sound silly, honestly?

• I guess your right.. but she does tell me how to keep my hair.. and if I try adn change it she said shell do something to hers she knows ill hate.. and it not like a normal red its like a fire red. like ur profile pic. of the lips. except more red. and alittle brighter..

• *stays in for a long time.

i can see how the red would bother you, esp. because not everyone could pull that off, but at the end of the day ask yourself do you enjoy being with her, are the two of you relatively happy together aside from hair issues, or are there other problems? in any real relationship there will be things about the other person that annoy you / you hate. when people say it's about learning to love the flaws too, or not seeing the flaws at all, I think they're idiots.

• It's really about liking the person in spite of the flaws. no one is perfect. there is no one perfect person for each of us, as great as that would be. there will always be things that drive you crazy. but if you don't let them ruin what you have, then you can find even more things you like about each other

What Girls Said 5

• Though you might not like the color she wants to change it to, you should probably think about what's more important: your relationship or her hair color. Because obviously since she keeps bringing it up even though she says she won't (and I'm sure she's not doing it just out of spite and if she is then you may have deeper problems) she really really wants to do it. By you telling her no, you're being just a little too controlling and that's not good. Hair dye is not a permanent thing, it's not that big of a deal.

If she were doing something to hurt herself, her life, or yours then it would be appropriate to step in, but not particularly in this case. Personally, I think you should let her do it, and it probably would be a good idea to not just 'give in' and act like you're saying yes grudingly. Try to be supportive. And you never know, it might not be as bad as you think.

• Of all of the hair dyes, red fades the quickest. I'd say in 2.5-3 weeks it will fade from her hair. How often she washes her hair will also play a part in how quickly it fades.

• The intensity of the red will be tamed by the blonde. Her hair might be "bright" for the first couple of days. After that it will be more of a strawberry blonde. I am a natural blondnd I dyed my hair red too.

• Its not like her hair will be red forever. Let her have some fun and experiment. Who knows? You may like it in another color besides blonde.

• Lmao, its my boyfriend right here! I just dyed my hair auburn and it was blonde before I dyed it, which my boyfriend loved. Except we didn't fight. I don't know about the rest of the world, but red fades from my hair fast.

• you will defiantly see her hair fading by the 3rd week tho it might just be a light shade of red won't go back to blond, depends how red she goes if its dark or bright

• Probably the worst thing you can do is argue about it just makes her want to do it even more girls can be stubborn when it come to things like this...she will probably want to go back to bold in a couple of weeks and it won't be that hard to do it

• Well, if it's permanent it doesn't fade; you have to grow your hair out.

What Guys Said 1

• well it is her body right? if you really care about her you should let her make her own decisions.
    if she cares about you then she should factor your opinion into her decisions. let her know you feel as if she doesn't care about your opinion, but remember that's not the way it is.
    ask her why? keep open communication and respect. she might just want a bit of freedom.
    put yourself in her position, would you like it if she got mad at you just because you wanted to dye ur hair for awhile?