Girls, Coconut oil on wet hair or dry?

18

Most Helpful Girl

• i only use it on dry hair for a scalp massage before having a shampoo

What Girls Said 17

• I usually put it on my hair when it's wet, and I only use a small amount of it because I have thin hair and I don't want it to make my hair appear greasy :D

• i think it's best on damp-wet hair. for me anyway. i rub it into my scalp and hair and it just becomes this leave in treatment.

• Dry hair. Massage it on the scalp👍

• I used to use a bit of warm oil on wet hair. Dripping wet. Or used a couple of tablespoons then rinsed it.
    Unlike some other oils, coconut oil solidifies if it cools enough. If I use it on damp or dry hair, when the oil dries, it flakes and makes my hair look dull. I dunno if it only happens on curly hair, but I stopped using pure oil for that reason. Now I have a brand product of coconut oil cowash.

• Put it on the ends of your hair when wet, but only a little bit. Take a very small chunk out of the jar and rub it around your hands until your hands have a coat of coconut oil on them, and lightly brush your fingers through the ends of your hair. You have to be really careful only to put on a small amount

• never on either it will make it greasy... why do you need it? Try John Freida Nourishing Elixr xx

• Because it has a lot of benefits for your hair.

• Coconut oil only makes your hair greasy if you used too much. :) Also what do you mean by superficial ones? (I'm genuinely curious)

• @asiag299 like you say, it makes it look greasy if you use too much...

Basically hair is made up of vitamins and once it grows there is nothing you can do to help the situation apart from superficial ones to make it look better. You cannot repair hair and the ads that say you can are a load of rubbish. Even if you up the vitamins you take it will only go so far through the hair, mainly the fresh growth and then eventually run out so by the time you get to the ends it won't be affected.

What you need is something non greasy which will plump out the follicles if you are going the superficial route (by that I mean applying anything to your hair to make it look smoother, tamer, healthier). For this, the John Freida I suggested is best. It dries out leaving your hair smoother and softer, it actually dries so therefore doesn't add a layer of grease as an oil would.

• I usually use it on damp hair, it's easier to rinse it off later on. On wet hair the oil doesn't really stick and on dry i usually ended up putting too much on my hair.

• Massage it on your scalp when its dry, then after a couple of hours or the next day rinse it off in the shower with shampoo

• My hair is curly and needs moisture so I apply it on both wet and dry hair.

• I use it on dry hair with other oils before I shampoo my hair.
    I might also use it on partially wet hair after shampoo for extra nourishment.

• I use it on wet hair and then let it air dry. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and well moisturized! :)

• Both. I have really coily hair so either works fine to me.

• I put it on my hair when it's damp. Makes it so silky and smells amazing!

• I use it on dry hair but it can be used on damp hair too

• Use it either before taking a shower all over your hair or use just a little after taking a shower while you're drying it.

• I think after shampooing as a deep conditioner

• I put it on my dry hair :)