Weird desire I don't want to give up on?

I want to get 2 piercings, one in my ear and one in one of my fingers. They look cool to me. I am away with Erasmus programme and studying in Poland and everyone is free here, I mean the Polish people and I want to live like this, too. However, when I told my guy this, he used the word "grotesque" for piercings (even though I'm not piercing my face or anything) and asked me to forget about it. I still like them.
What is it with him? I'll still get them. He helped me so much and loves me a lot, but this desire is strange. Are piercings so odd?

What Guys Said 1

• He just doesn't like piercings, he prefers to see you without them.

• I know, but if I get them what happens? lol

• I don't know. I think that if he really loves you he won't abandon you because of piercings, even though he may get upset. Well, I think that a solid relationship can survive this small issue.

• Oh, I know that.

What Girls Said 1

• You want a piercing in one of your fingers? I would think that's odd too! I've never seen one in real life

• yeah, where the ring is. it looks great