When dressing for fall, do you dress for the cold mornings or the warm afternoons?

I'm always cold in the mornings so I bundle up, but then I always get sooo hot by the end of the day, how do you handle it?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's all about the layers, A wind-breaker in case of surprise showers/wind over top of a cardigan and long pants/capris. Once I get to school, a cardigan is still usually just right. If it's too cold, I can always order tea to warm up bit. Sweatshirts are a bit overkill still. Throw some mittens into my bag and I usually arrive not too chilly just yet.

What Guys Said 3

• if its ever cold I just put on some jeans and suck it up lol. jeans are fine on a hot day too.

• I dress for the cold mornings and just change into shorts in the afternoon

• Florida man; there is no Fall. Motto on my license plate says "Endless Summer". So I dress pretty consistent every day, blah.

What Girls Said 11

• We're in spring here in Argentina, and I'm having the same issue :)
    I think it's good to wear a sweater, and underneath something light, so during the day you can take off the sweater and be ok.

• light clothing with sweater or light jacket in fall and spring.. light clothing with winter coat in winter--good for over heated buildings in winter.

• I try to keep my wardrobe balanced for the day. I'll wear a quarter-sleeve shirt with a scarf, jeans, and boots for the chillier days and take off the scarf if I need to. Or I'll wear a t-shirt/ tank top and jeans with a cardigan that I can remove later as the day warms. Or sometimes, if it's warmer, shorts and a long-sleeved shirt.

• I dress for the warmer time but always put a warm jumper or coat on top if I have to get out in the morning ;)

• I dress for the cold mornings, because the outfits are cuter.

• I agree!!! I really love fall/winter clothes... do you ever find you get too hot by the end of the day though?

• Me too... I want to be warm in the morning, and I simply ignore the heat in the afternoon.

• Depends on what time I'll be out. Because I'm rarely out aaallll day. My longest day is 12-4:30. I dress for the highest temp of whatever time interval I'll be out.

• ah but don't you get cold when it's the lowest temp?

• No. Usually the difference in temps isn't the great. The weather where I live doesn't work like that.

• But of both. Warm jumper with cute shirt underneath tucked into preferably maroon coloured skater skirt with tights fluffy thick socks and boots. Can take items off to cool down

• i bundle up and prepare for the icy trek

• oh my gosh is it snowy already where you are? How do you bundle up?

• oh sorry not yet but it's getting there ><
      i wear a fleecy tummy warmer 24/7 !
      ear muffs and mufflers and parkas

• I usually add a giant scarf, one so big it could be a blanket, and just take it off whenever I get warm.

• Both. I wear summer clothes and bring a jacket with me for safety measures.

• I wear a sweatshirt for the mornings and take it off when it's too warm out.