How much make up is too much?

Really, how much make up is too much? Guys complain about too much make up... I want to know how much is too much.

I didn't really used to wear make up because besides some mascara I didn't need to. I don't have an acne problem and redness is minimal.

Normally I wear concealer in a few small places, a really light, moisturizing foundation (a very thin coat just to even out some things), eyeliner (not around my whole eye, my eyes are too big so I start half way and thicken a slight bit at the end), mascara, and a highlighter (a slightly shimmery liquid that makes my cheekbones stand out and I put it on my brow bone too) and that's about it.

I'm not too worried about me wearing too much make up... even my girlfriends make comments about when I "actually wear make up" (but on eyeshadow or lipstick) as if its something I don't normally do. So if they don't even notice, then that's okay.

But I do wonder what guys think is too much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's a rule I once heard, that seems pretty accurate on a daily basis - if it takes more than 10 minutes to put on makeup, you're either putting it on wrong or putting on too much. That doesn't always apply, but it's a good rule of thumb. From what you said, it doesn't seem like too much.

What Guys Said 2

• When the make up starts distracting from your features it becomes too much.

A guy wants to look at the girl, not the make up. The make up shouldn't be the main event when he looks at you.

• when they look like a barbie doll, that's when you know it's too much make-up

What Girls Said 2

• it just depends where your going and what your wearing. get bare natural minerals for your foundation. its healthy for you face, and looks natural. doesn't look cakey at alll. from then on, you'll look just fine. people always ask me how I look so good without so much makeup, yet I really wear a lot, just not "cakey fakey" if you know what I'm saying.

• Nope! that's a great amount, guys like a little make-up to enhance features.