Should I throw them away?

My cat aparently peed on the floor which my favorite pair of boots laid in it some. Now they smell like it. I don't know if it's possible to get them clean since they are boots and they are fuzzy. I don't really want to throw them out because I feel like that's a waste. Though I don't know if it's possible to clean them. they kind of looked like this.
Should I throw them away?

So is it possible to clean them and keep them? Or will I just have to throw them out because there isn't away to clean them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try spraying the affected areas with ammonia but, if the leather is dyed, it may discolor the boots. There are some enzyme preparations that will remove urine odors but those may not be safe on leather, either.

• The material it's made out of isn't leather. It kind of feels like faux fur. That and I got them at Walmart. :D

• So you have nothing to lose in trying suggestions. The enzyme preparation I have used is called Baczyme.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would look up home remedies for shoe smell.

There are shoe deodorizers that will help.

Also, I don't know if the material will be ruined. But you could wash it off with a damp cloth and maybe add a freshener.

Also, drying sheets for laundry could help.

The last option would be a normal washing machine.

Try with your hands first because those are more delicate though a delicates or hand wash cycle may do the job.

What Guys Said 3

• Since my normal foot odor is so much worse than cat pee I'd consider it an improvement.

• get them dry cleaned or take them to a shoe store (like a real shoe place) and they can professionally clean them

• Throw the cat away first. If the boots have rubber soles, you can clean them. If not, they'll have to be thrown away as well.

What Girls Said 1

• You can try chucking them in the wash, and if it doesn't work, then toss them yes because you don't want to be walking around when your feet are going to smell like urine, it's also unsanitary.