Need other girls' opinions on bathing suits?

Three of my girlfriends and I are planning a trip down to mexico to relax on the beach. This weekend we were together talking about details and one of the girls suggested we all wear thong bikinis. Before I could say anything the other two chimed in and backed the idea. I told them that I didn't feel comfortable wearing a thong bikini (I mean bikinis are already pretty revealing) one of my friends suggested a one-piece thong bathing suit so I could still fit in with the group and have my cheeks exposed but have a bit more coverage. I am more open to the idea of wearing a one-piece thong bathing suit but I am not quite sure. Ladies if you were in my position and didn't want to wear a thong bikini, would a one-piece thong be a compromise you would make?

Similar to what my friends will be wearing:

What they suggested I wear:

• Yes I would prefer to wear the one-piece thong swimsuit
  • No it wouldn't make a difference, I don't want a thong bathing suit at all. I am wearing a traditional bikini
  • I would just suck it up and wear the thong bikini like my friends were doing

Most Helpful Girl

• TBH why do they have to wear all 'matching' suits in the first place? What is this? You guys are all individuals, and if they want to wear thongs that's fine. But don't feel pressured to wearing thongs just because they are and they want it to be a 'thing'. I just don't get why some people do this. Why do we have to make stuff into a 'thing'? Why?

I would wear the bathing suit you feel most comfortable in and that you feel you look best in. Don't wear something just because other people want you to fit in :)

• I am conflicted because once we get to Mexico I feel like I will feel frumpy and unsexy once the rest of my group is in thong swimwear and I'm the only one not. It's a real lose/lose situation I think. I will feel awkward if I do or if I don't that's why I thought the one-piece may be a nice compromise.

• It might be. What I would do is bring more than one bathing suit. A bikini itself is pretty sexy and definitely not frumpy. The one piece is a good compromise. But in the end it's how you feel. If you aren't comfortable going for the thong, then don't.

What Guys Said 2

• Both girls are too sexy to decide, they look equally appealing on both outfits

Second is more retro sexy and better if you have a pronounced behind because the attention on that one goes directly there. The first is just normal, everyone wears those these days

• I know, I know, you want girls' opinions, but I may have a solution. Take a thong bikini but also take a back-up bikini/swimsuit, or even bikini bottom, that you are comfortable with... when it comes to the crunch and you aren't sure you can go through with it, just put on the back-up and tell your friends that something must've happened to the thong you were wanting to wear...

What Girls Said 5

• I would wear the longer bathing suit because in a foreign country your chances of getting raped and killed are much higher than they are where you currently live. I am not saying a thong is ugly but it puts you in danger of unwanted attention from dangerous men. Gentleman don't need you to reveal everything to be interested but the dangerous ones will gravitate towards you if you dress in too revealing clothes.

• When you say longer do you mean you would wear the one-piece thong or no thong style at all?

• the one peace thong OR a regular bathing suit and no thong at all.

• "Fit in with the group"? "Compromise"? Is this seriously something that your friends are bothered by?

Do not shy away from your own beliefs and opinion on this. If you do not want to wear a thong bathing suit, then do not do so; this is not a matter of fitting in or compromising.

• If you don't want to wear a thong one piece OR bikini - then you shouldn't!
    Wear whatever you like and feel comfortable in.

• Wear whatever makes you the most comfortable.

• You wouldn't feel awkward or left out though if the rest of your group was wearing thong swimwear and you weren't?

• No, I wouldn't. I'd never wear a thong bikini/bathingsuit because it would make me extremely uncomfortable. And my friends wouldn't mind that I'd be wearing something else.

• Wear the one-piece if it's most comfortable for you. Your own comfort is most important.