Lose the glasses?

I am going blind. However, I do get some vision with my thick, unsightly glasses. I was wondering, do you think I should take them off on dates and other such occasions, even though I would then not be able to see at all?

I did wear my glasses on dates. Unfortunately, they've been noticeable enough to draw comments, mostly negative. I am with someone now, but she has issues with my glasses/eyesight too.

I am ineligible for Lasik/PRK, ICL, contacts. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• No you shouldn't do that. Your glasses are part of you are. Whoever your going to be dating needs to accept you how you are. Also if you can't see at all what would be the point, wouldn't the date be near impossible? I think you should keep them on and I don't think she would be the slightest bit bothered.

• I'd still have them for certain things (like menu reading), but I'd probably find some way to wing it.

• I still don't think you should. Go into the date as yourself. :)

• I may as well as enjoy what sight I have, even though even with the glasses, my vision is severly blurry.

What Girls Said 5

• Don't take them off just for vanity's sake. Squinting at things or holding a menu either centimeters or miles from your face is not an attractive quality in a date. If you're so uncomfortable with your glasses, why not get a new pair that you like more or get contacts?

• I can't wear contacts, and the lenses I have are as thin as they will go. Yes, I'm *that* blind.

• Then just learn to accept what you're stuck with, and you'll find a girl who does the same.

• Your glasses aren't that bad.Granted,they are noticeable but I don't think they make you look bad.You shouldnt take your glasses off on dates unless you are just comepletely uncomfortable wearing them.If it bothers whomever you were on a date with then they were not worth your time to start with.

• no I don't think why would you do that! if a girl likes you for you then ii don't

think shell mind your glasses plus it might be worse if you do that. you might trip

over something if you really are that blind and embarasse yourself. but have you ever

tried to get contacts if you don't like your glasses.. its worth a try!

• Absolutely not! If you limit any of your senses, when you are in the middle of what is supposed to be an amazing time with someone you want to get to know better, then what is the point? Your glasses are a part of who you are, and if she can't accept that, then there are plenty of other girls who will.

• i don't think glasses really make someone look bad. wear your glasses, if you can't see that would be unattractive if your all squinting in the girl's eyes trying to see her and bumping into stuff

What Guys Said 3

• When I use to wear glasses, I payed more some fancysmancy lenses that was a lot thinner and still able to keep my prescription. Or you can invest in some contacts.

• get some raybans least try and look stylish

• That's an idea, but in that case I may just have to get the cane and the dog to complete the blind man ensemble :P

• I was blind but now I see silver round glasses bent even did no justice for me and woman at all. Raybans for bout year they were a lot better expensive though. then got lasik

• I think you should just take them off take a stick with you instead