Girls, how much does a belly button piercing hurts?

how much does a belly button piercing hurts comparing to a tattoo? i have a tattoo and i'm planning on getting a belly button ring, so i want answers from people who have been through both

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never gotten a tattoo before (although I want one), I do have my belly button pierced, though! I literally did so much research on the pain and all that, and when I got there, I was so so nervous it was going to hurt like crazy, but it didn't! Literally, I did not even feel when he shoved the needle through, haha. Honestly, it was just pretty sore after I got it done. And if you knocked into anything or got it snagged on your shirt or whatever, it hurt. But once it is fully healed, its like you don't even notice it is there anymore. I say go for it! I know everyones pain levels are different, but honestly, it was not bad at all!

• how long does it take to heal?

• Well, the soreness goes away within a couple weeks-a month, but in order for it to 'completely' heal, without it being prone to infection and stuff, it is normally around 6-8 months. But, they will tell you to not go in pool water and the beach, etc., I didn't listen to them, and I was fine, so was my sister. You just really REALLY have to make sure you clean it! I used a little bit of sea salt and warm water to clean it.

What Girls Said 11

• honestly I didn't think it hurt. it was a pinch for like 2 seconds but not bad at all. it was sore the next few days though - I felt like I had done a bunch of sit-ups haha

• uhh I don't know.. tattoos and piercings are two totally different pains. i think overall a tattoo would be more painful, because it can last a few hours. a belly button piercing is pretty quick. it's a quick pinch and it's not bad at all. maybe a 4-5/10. afterwards it's just a little sore and throbby but that's to be expected.

• It depends on your pain tolerance...
    I have the top and bottom done and the top one didn't feel like anything to me while my friend almost passed out from hers.

• Well a tattoo one keeps hurting until they finish making the tattoo. A piercings only lasts for 1 second.

Not sure about a belly button one. I've only had both sides of my upper lip and my ears pierced.

• It hurts a little bit but it was nothing really too bad. Mine was really sore for a couple of days, but then it got much better. It's worth it :3

• My actual piercing didn't hurt too badly, but it was sore for a week or so afterwards. Go and get it girl, you won't regret it!!

• It depends on your skin and how much pain you can tolerate.

• It's hurt a little bit but is was nothing really. Just make sure you find a good piercer who knows what he's doing.

• OKay ik girls who have told me it hurts like hell.

• I have a very high pain tolerance and mine hurt the worst than anything I ever felt to be honest. Even worse than my surgeries.

• It doesn't really hurt in my opinion.