Does this outfit look cute?

I can't fashion, I don't know, I just wanted to try wearing a dress in colder weather and this happened. Also, sorry for the messy room; the only full-length mirror in the house is in my parents' room, and I don't mess with their stuff.

Does this outfit look cute?

• Looks good
  • Looks bad
  • Neutral/other
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• I really like your body shape. Slimmer clothing will definitely fit your body shaped better so that we can see it more. Right now what you are wearing is baggy and we can't see all of your features.

• Thanks for the advice. I'm not really looking to show off my body every day though, sometimes I just like flowy, comfortable things!

• @BellePepper I think this one was beautiful, so I am trying.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's not *that* bad. It's not stylish in the way of someone is going to snap your photo on the sidewalk to add to their street-style fashion blog. But it's not hideous or anything lol It is a good basic dress to work with and your accessories are all great on their own but I'm not sure they work together.

Everyone has a personal preference so take my comments with a grain of salt! haha
    A few pointers that might help:
    -Belt: I think it would help if you had a shorter belt (or found a way to tuck the end into the belt so that it isn't hanging)
    -Shoes: The shoes aren't bad. Boots are very in and they've got an artsy/hipster/vintage vibe to them haha (or as my friend would say..."twedge" haha) They might look better with jeans though (or a different style/cut of a dress) so for this outfit I would try black flats or a dressier boot.
    -Necklace: Again, not bad. but it gets kind of lost with the long, thin chain. I would opt for some contrast though and since you've got more of a basic dress in a neutral color I would try a necklace that is chunkier or a brighter color. You could also wear a scarf.
    -Tights/leggings: I actually quite like the bright color :) If you don't feel comfortable in it though, you could opt for black or those patterned ones (like polka dots or lace)

I like using Pinterest to look for inspiration for fashion. You don't have to have an account to search through their site (you can screenshot or save the pics you like to your phone/computer)

What Guys Said 9

• Looks pretty good! :)

• Looks fine to me, though I'm no fashionista

• i think you could find something nicer

• Nah, too covered

• i don't like it, too covered up

• You shouldn't be wearing shoes on their carpet. They probably lay naked and do it right where your stepping on

• I feel like that's a good reason not to go barefoot, lol... The shoes are clean anyway. :P

• I actually like that outfit alot!!! :)

• The idea is ok, but the top is too big for you.

• I'd just prefer a sweater or hoodie tbh, or maybe a nice jacket

What Girls Said 13

• It's okay.
    But it's not something I would wear
    It looks like old lady clothing.
    I personally like to wear tight figure flattering dresses or those with great flare or patterns.
    That's too boring of an outfit.
    You're young.
    You're youthful.
    But your clothes scream old lady

• Looks not too bad! Maybe you can accessorise it with a grey snood?
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../51GsAU3Aa-L._SY300_.jpg

What coat will you wear with it?

• Love the snood, haha. :) I've got a black peacoat that goes to mid-thigh, I thought that might look okay. But I don't know, I'm definitely rethinking the outfit now!

• I don't know, I think it works! Peacoat sounds nice. Do you have a scarf though? I think it needs an accessory?

• I've got a cream scarf that's shaped like the pic you posted, a burgundy infinity scarf with a bit of a fringe, and a bunch of different, standard scarves. Thanks!

• Kind of Peter Pan-ish. o. O

• Uh oh, not what I was going for, haha. XD Is there one piece in particular that gives that impression, or is it all of them?

• Thanks anyway. Maybe I can do a goth Peter Pan for Halloween or something, haha. I do have these tights in green!

• Hahaha Well there ya go! xD

• I just really don't like the coloured tights in that combination & maybe pick some other pair of shoes, the rest is good to go.

• Mind if I ask for pictures or examples of how to wear the dress? Or the tights. Or the shoes. This outfit was a mistake, I should've stuck to wearing pants all autumn/winter, haha. -.-

• Hmmm, those are some good ideas! I might try a few and post for opinions later (GaG is surprisingly helpful for clothing advice, haha). Thanks!

• Haha well those are just some looks that I think would look cute on you & good luck! :)

• looks fine

• I would of worn black tights and a maroon coloured belt.

• looks ok i'm not a fan of bold coloured tights

• Girl what are you wearing.. are you going to a funeral? those shoes are hideous, and that dress? and it doesn't enhace your body + it lacks style. Sorry not sorry, it looks bad.

• Oi. Well, you're honest at least, haha. I don't regret the black, that's just personal preference, but... yeah, the overall outfit clearly isn't good. Like I said, I can't fashion. >.>

Think I'll just stick to pants this year.

• Naww.. wish i could be your friend and be there, I'd help you out. I'm the best when it comes to fashion.

• I wish that too, lol. Believe it or not, my friends are worse than I am with fashion. Thanks for sharing your opinion!

• Looks cute dont worry

• I like it all in all. Not really my style but I could see that in NYC.

• I'm not crazy about it.

• I can't see it :(

• It looks cute! I like your nail polish as well. I personally don't wear stockings/tights, though.

• Thanks! I get cold easily so I'd probably freeze if I didn't, haha. I even layer leggings under my pants when I can!

• Oh yeah, that's totally understandable! I use to layer a lot when I lived up north. Where I live now it's not that cold.